Houston got nuked

Tristate

Long Time Member
I don't know what they are saying on TV. We got hit by some type of freak storm yesterday. I've been through 3 hurricanes and I've never seen anything like it. Don't know when we'll have power. All the power lines are down. Lots of polls snapped. Right now everyone is just trying to clear roads so people can get in and out.

My kid lives downtown so I called to see what was up. Said it knocked him off his game when the power went out for a little while. He told me I need to stay off the internet.

I'm just south of the south of the worst of it in Richmond.

It was heavy rain, lots of lightning and windy but not destructive like seen to my north.

Where I am at the majority of trees got flattened and most of the house took heavy damage. One burned. Even the big highlines got wiped out with a bunch of the wood poles. I won't have power for a long time.

Dang, sorry to hear that Tri. Glad you’re not injured. Hope your community can circle up and put thinks back together soon.

For those of us that haven’t had to live through one of these moments yet, I’d recommend a three fuel power generator. And no I don’t own one either but it’s on the list.

Where I am at the majority of trees got flattened and most of the house took heavy damage. One burned. Even the big highlines got wiped out with a bunch of the wood poles. I won't have power for a long time.
Hopefully you have some extra crews headed your way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom