putting in for draw

billc

So is it true if your license is good till feb 8th 2022 you will not need t get new license for draw only if you would draw a tag. Dont want to mess up

So is it true if your license is good till feb 8th 2022 you will not need t get new license for draw only if you would draw a tag. Dont want to mess up
Q: What do I need to know about completing the application? A: Here are some tips:
● Carefully read all instructions.
● A Department ID number or Portal Customer ID number is mandatory for each applicant when completing the application. For existing customers, the number is located in the right-hand corner of the license provided it was purchased online or at any AZGFD office statewide. A lost or forgotten Department ID number or Portal Customer ID number can be located in a customer’s portal account, or by contacting any AZGFD office statewide from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday by calling 602-942-3000.
● All applicants must possess an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license that is valid as of the deadline for that particular hunt draw.
● When purchasing an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license online, the license number will appear at the bottom of the customer's receipt. Don’t throw it away! That license number will be required as part of the draw application process.
● Know where you want to hunt. It’s important to have your four-digit hunt number(s) predetermined (not game management units).

It depends on your terminology. "till feb 8th 2022" would mean it is good until the midnight on the 7th and then expire. I assume your talking about a license that is valid "through feb 8th"? If that is the case then yes you are good with that license.

We purposely buy our license on the last possible day of a draw date. Then as the next year's draw comes along you can possibly sneak in using the previous years license. For example we bought ours last year on 2/9/21 on the deadline date for elk/goat last year. Our license is valid 2/9/21 - 2/8/22. We will use last year's license for this year's elk/goat draw again and wait to buy our next license on the deadline date for the deep/sheep application and then hopefully use it for deer/sheep again next year. This allows us to get three applications out of one license instead of just two applications. its a way to save the cost of one license every other year. Obviously there is a calendar date setback about every 5-7 years.

When you buy your license on the portal you can set the start date do whatever date you want. I applied 2 weeks ago and when I purchased licenses for family members I set start date to Feb. 8th. I was able to apply right then with a license that actually wasn't valid until another 3.5 weeks. I thought that was a nice little convenience by the department. Like mentioned above, always set start date as the last possible day of the application period. G&F rules state everyone must have a valid license on Feb 8th. Good Luck

read article above in red ● All applicants must possess an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license that is valid as of the deadline for that particular hunt draw.

I would think that would be the day of the draw, not day of application deadline.

read article above in red ● All applicants must possess an Arizona hunting (or combination hunt and fish) license that is valid as of the deadline for that particular hunt draw.

I would think that would be the day of the draw, not day of application deadline.
No, it means to APPLY for the drawer. Been that way ever since they went to the new way of licensing for a year from date of purchase.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom