Post One Photo Per Day

Awesome site at the end of a day hunting big bucks

20231202_170017.jpg

What’s going on Bluehair? We haven’t had any recent exposures. Give it up man!! nontypical can’t carry the whole load. ?
I just saw this…..sorry I’ve been mia. Had a wierd summer; didn’t have many critters and didn’t seem to have much time.

I also look forward to @nontypical pics. They are all outstanding (y) I tape them to my windows looking out so these deer have something to aspire to.

Anyway, I should have enough pics of dink yardbucks and birds to get us thru winter. Should be back in the saddle in a week or so.

Here’s a sunrise and a few deer from the other morning just so you know I haven’t been totally goofing off. And a bonus pic of 5 minutes later. They don’t stay red very long.

L1720076.jpeg
L1720140.jpeg

I just saw this…..sorry I’ve been mia. Had a wierd summer; didn’t have many critters and didn’t seem to have much time.

I also look forward to @nontypical pics. They are all outstanding (y) I tape them to my windows looking out so these deer have something to aspire to.

Anyway, I should have enough pics of dink yardbucks and birds to get us thru winter. Should be back in the saddle in a week or so.

Here’s a sunrise and a few deer from the other morning just so you know I haven’t been totally goofing off. And a bonus pic of 5 minutes later. They don’t stay red very long.

View attachment 130352View attachment 130353
I do love those red, gold and black silhouettes. Especially with critters on the skyline.

Some goofing around pics for Lumpy.

Monticello Utah and one of my favorite golf courses.

I circled the horses head. Don’t laugh, its a big deal in Monticello. Someone needs to get up there with a chainsaw and trim around the ears. (Picture a painting of a horse head looking at you)
IMG_5958.jpeg

Is this up the road toward Animas Forks? Or the other way into Ophir/T-ride? The clouds have me twisted.

View attachment 130839
Headed from Silverton towards Ouray.

Coming back from a Texas pig hunt in May and a late unexpected snow storm hit when we was leaving Silverton.

This photo is the storm starting as we were just leaving Silverton and another photo as we were coming through Ouray.

20210504_185400.jpg

20210504_185616.jpg

Last edited:
Wide load came back the following year. Looks like he's overall a bit smaller, but gained some trash. Went to basically a 3x3. Not a big score buck, but a very cool buck, IMO. Looks like the website has fallen back to what it was doing a few weeks ago-not allowing large files. So...only one pic today. I'll message Brian about it

199 copy copy.jpg

I'm not smart enough to do that. I'll try again. I notified Brian. I haven't been on here today until now. Ordinarily, attaching the pics is no problem.
I’m having the same issue. I really like that this site resizes them automatically for you. Makes it easy for lazy guys like me to share.

On edit: sent you a pm. It is an easy fix.

Last edited:
Next year he came back, but I only saw him this one time. 2-3 other mature bucks joined him in his canyon this winter. Alas, all perished that winter (at least I never saw them again). Wide Load never was that photogenic. Most times I encountered him, he was already moving away or getting ready to. Sorry for the crappy pics, but he was very hard to get good pics of. Most pics I got of Wide Load were a$$ pics! He was wider and heavier this year! Bonus post today for me being a slacker.

203 copy.jpg

207 copy.jpg

211 copy.jpg

I recently drove thru Mt Rushmore, and the twisty little road called Iron Mtn Road. It was a blustery winter day, and I had the place to myself.

I noticed this view thru the CC Gideon Tunnel. You can see the sculptures like you are looking down a gunbarrel. I googled it on wiki when I got home, and it turns out all 3 tunnels are designed with a view of the sculptures when looking thru them.

I didn’t know that and missed the view on the other two. Now I have to go back.:cool:

As for the road, no manly sized trailer is going thru the tunnels. And the small pecker gang may no be able to get their lifted truck thru them either.
L1690951.jpeg
L1690955.jpeg
L1690956.jpeg

I hope you can find a few to shoot this winter. Been weird around here. Got a lion hanging around now so chasin dogs here pretty quick.

Hell of a sunrise yesterday. Still haven’t caught the bulls skylined yet.View attachment 134304
Doesn't look like there will be any pics this winter. The winter ranges I frequent are deer scarce. No big bucks, no yearlings. There are a few fawns scattered here and there that have some damn tough mommas-even a few sets of twins. The range looks fantastic...well, till this last storm...

Whoever said 75-80% winter mortality was not wrong, from what I'm seeing. Maybe a little less than that, but without a doubt the worst I can remember.

The year after I saw that last buck, I was driving down the same road and came alongside a tall (10-12') patch of sage. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of a deer. It was the same buck from last year. He had put on some more trash and mass. I recognized his curled-up beam. I encountered him a few more times that winter. Since he was in the heavy brush, I dubbed him "Brush Buck".

116.JPG

129.JPG

135.JPG

010 copy copy.jpg

015 copy.jpg

023 copy.jpg

Doesn't look like there will be any pics this winter. The winter ranges I frequent are deer scarce. No big bucks, no yearlings. There are a few fawns scattered here and there that have some damn tough mommas-even a few sets of twins. The range looks fantastic...well, till this last storm...

Whoever said 75-80% winter mortality was not wrong, from what I'm seeing. Maybe a little less than that, but without a doubt the worst I can remember.
The consensus around here seems to be about half the deer as usual. The elk and turkeys did fine. This year is being kind to them. They’re still playing like its fall.
L1590576.jpeg
L1630488.jpeg

I thought it looked like that but I would be very surprised if there were elk in the area that I took that picture. This was in a desert part of the bootheel region of NM, probably 15 or so miles from the AZ border. That would be fascinating if an elk wandered through there somehow though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom