Polishing elk ivory teeth

Old Cowboys in the 1960's-70's said put them in your pocket with coin change and they will shine up.

I thought about that not long ago because I was told the same thing.

But maybe it's better to cut open some steel shotgun shells, dump the pellets in your pocket, then the Ivory's and hope the Wife doesn't wash those pants.

But Founder has an advertisement on the right for ZALES...heck, maybe Zales will do it using a MM'ey coupon :)

Hey Madness, I tried the coin in your pocket thing. Reached in there and rolled everything around quite often. Got a few weird looks at Walmart. Lol. It did seem to work pretty good though.

>Hey Madness, I tried the coin
>in your pocket thing. Reached
>in there and rolled everything
>around quite often. Got a
>few weird looks at Walmart.
>Lol. It did seem to
>work pretty good though.

"I'm just polishing my elk ivory.....honest!" haha!

Another option would be to swallow the elk ivories and then screen your stool until they come out. They should be pretty well Polished by then. If not just pop them back in your mouth and try it again. Repeat as necessary.

They're in my pocket after the quarters are hung. I clean em up round the fire at night and leave em in my pocket till I'm home. Like mtmuley said, mother nature already put a pretty good shine on em.

I would think leave them alone. I tried to clean one up a few years back and it took some of the beautiful color off. My daughter wears a elk ivories around hear neck just about every day. It seems to have lost a little color as well. So maybe you should clear coat it to preserve the original color.

Jagerdad is right I just put mine in my pocket with spare change for about two or three weeks and they polish up just fine. in fact the longer you keep them in there the rings on the teeth become more clear and pronounced.
just my two cents worth

>>Hey Madness, I tried the coin
>>in your pocket thing. Reached
>>in there and rolled everything
>>around quite often. Got a
>>few weird looks at Walmart.
>>Lol. It did seem to
>>work pretty good though.
>
>"I'm just polishing my elk ivory.....honest!"
>haha!

Oh, is that what we call it now?