Pinevally Unit

quest

Very Active Member
It was a let down this year during the muzzleloader hunt. More hunters which I’m not against sometimes it helps move the deer around. The buck/doe count didn’t add up. I’d say over 90% were small buck. Did see two small 4x4 maybe 22 inches. I ended up taking a very small buck my wife wanted the meat. It’s really sad to see this unit going down hill. It has the gene’s pull but the unit isn’t managed that way. I covered a lot of county on foot and scouting but I didn’t see any mature bucks like 24/26. I hope the data that they get will help with better deer management.

I believe they can change the hunting so there’s a better age class of bucks. If someone wants to harvest a meat buck go for it but if you want to try for something bigger that too. I’m not adding to the problem because it was already there I’m just playing by the rules.

A buddy from another part of Wyoming said the mature bucks were almost non existent but the local processing plants had 40+ 2 points brought in . In the words of Randy Moss , COME ON MAN!!
This is what’s it’s all about. Im just one person. Me harvesting one small buck nobody cares.

Quest, if you have a tag and want to harvest a buck. Do it and congrats!!

Mule deer numbers across the west are struggling. I hope these last two good moisture years helps us out.

There have been some dandy bucks taken this year off of several general hunts. I can't find them either, but some hunters can. Muzzy hunt was hot and dry. 1st rifle also hot and dry, 2nd rifle season may have some happy hunters with the weather coming in.

Quest, if you have a tag and want to harvest a buck. Do it and congrats!!

Mule deer numbers across the west are struggling. I hope these last two good moisture years helps us out.

There have been some dandy bucks taken this year off of several general hunts. I can't find them either, but some hunters can. Muzzy hunt was hot and dry. 1st rifle also hot and dry, 2nd rifle season may have some happy hunters with the weather coming in.
Your right on the money! I know I’m complaining. I’m sorry but it’s frustrating when you see nothing but small bucks and you know Pine Valley unit can be so much better but not a limited entry unit. I just got mad and shot this small buck and my wife made it easier to do.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom