Park fire (c4 zone)

Dang, sorry to hear that. Were the cabins in Mill Creek? Fire got about two and a half miles from our ranch. They've been getting a lot of water from our springs and using a couple of our ponds as dipping spots with the helicopters.

Dang, sorry to hear that. Were the cabins in Mill Creek? Fire got about two and a half miles from our ranch. They've been getting a lot of water from our springs and using a couple of our ponds as dipping spots with the helicopters.
Couple miles north.
Right across from Panther springs,
they call it the boondocks.

My first few deer were all from the mill creek area

So sorry to hear... feel sick to my stomach for the migration deer heard, show up to the traditional winter grounds, all the feed is burned up...was talking to a couple of other guys about supplemental feeding, but know our dfg won't do that...
Mike

So sorry to hear... feel sick to my stomach for the migration deer heard, show up to the traditional winter grounds, all the feed is burned up...was talking to a couple of other guys about supplemental feeding, but know our dfg won't do that...
Mike
It will be hard on them at first, but the new growth and a healthier forest will be beneficial.
Wish they would do more prescribed burns

Do you guys live on the ranch?
That’s a short distance for this fire to cover

Yes, we live on the ranch. There's two helicopters dipping from my pond as I type this. I think they're trying to knock down some hot spots up on Inskip.

The wind is not helping their efforts this afternoon. 😤

20240804_162215.jpg

It will be hard on them at first, but the new growth and a healthier forest will be beneficial.
Wish they would do more prescribed burns
I am sorry to hear about your cabin. You are right about the habitat, however. The challenge will be getting DFG to look out for the deer as the vegetation returns. Too often, timber companies and USFS put all of their attention into growing timber, and kill the oaks and other plants the deer need. The country around Almanor is looking very good for deer, but I doubt that it will last if hunters don't make their voices heard.

Well, they got a bunch of borate bombers on it again, it's about 9 miles s.w of hwy 32/36 intersection. Hopefully they can rein this thing down some.. hoping all the firefighters stay safe!
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom