Pacific Crest Trail

Small milestone today. I'm camped about six miles up from Sonora Pass. I hope to make it down to Highway 108 first thing tomorrow and hitch a ride to Walker for breakfast!

Any recommendations for Walker?

IMG_20240619_112248_359~2.jpg

Man walker is a bit of a bust but walker burger might be open! There was a “coffee shop” a few years ago no idea if it’s in business. Going west used to have lots to offer but the fire wrecked it. Maybe Kennedy meadows is open? I’ll check for you!
Edit: They are open but I can’t figure out if they serve breakfast! It’s a damn good place and great people!

Grover hot spring! If you can make it there for a zero day rest those bones!

Your In my home stretch of the Sierra and I am incredibly home sick at the moment lol!

Last edited:
Man walker is a bit of a bust but walker burger might be open! There was a “coffee shop” a few years ago no idea if it’s in business. Going west used to have lots to offer but the fire wrecked it. Maybe Kennedy meadows is open? I’ll check for you!
Edit: They are open but I can’t figure out if they serve breakfast! It’s a damn good place and great people!

Your In my home stretch of the Sierra and I am incredibly home sick at the moment lol!
I think we've talked about this before Riebread......but he's a full 200 miles past the Kennedy Meadows I'm familiar with......

There is a Kennedy Meadows South and a Kennext Meadows North. The KMN is an option, but my app is giving higher hiker reviews for the motel in Walker, so that's why I'm heading there.

Last edited:
There is a Kennedy Meadows South and a Kennext Meadows North. The KMN is an option, but my app is giving higher hiker reviews for the motel in Walker, so that's why I'm heading there.

Are you using FarOut? Or is there another app that you would recommend.

Didn't have any luck trying to hitch to Walker, but a guy who's supporting his wife on the PCT offered me a ride to Kennedy Meadows North, so that's where I ended up.

Mammoth to Kennedy Meadows North: I keep hoping the trail will flatten out just a little bit but so far it's not really cooperating. From Mammoth, the trail took me through the Ansel Adams, Yosemite, and Emigrant Wilderness Areas, and I've lost count of how many passes I've gone over. Still hiking a lot in snow, but at least for this stretch I did not have to ford any sketchy rivers. The last couple days I've been hiking with a couple women that had already teamed up a couple weeks ago for the Sierras. They are definitely an odd couple, one being from Taiwan and the other from the Netherlands, one being dark and less than 5' tall and the other being light and over 6' tall. Throw me into this mix and we make quite the oddball group. It's interesting to me how thru
-hiking builds camaraderie in people with such diverse backgrounds.

IMG_20240614_182438_382~2.jpg

IMG_20240614_201158_068~2.jpg

IMG_20240615_135815_279~2.jpg

IMG_20240615_163557_777~2.jpg

IMG_20240616_202502_615~2.jpg

IMG_20240618_103701_908~2.jpg

IMG_20240619_173203_582~2.jpg

IMG_20240620_071347_862~2.jpg

IMG_20240620_095654_674~2.jpg

Hey mozey?

Did Y'all Sleep In The Same Tent To Stay Warm?:D

(((RAZZIN Ya!:D)))
First, I'm happily married, and hope to stay that way, so nothing like that is going on with me. Also, I snore like a bear, so I try to do everyone else a favor by keeping out of their earshot... 😊

You Know I'm RAZZIN Ya mozey!

Stay Safe Out There!

First, I'm happily married, and hope to stay that way, so nothing like that is going on with me. Also, I snore like a bear, so I try to do everyone else a favor by keeping out of their earshot... 😊

Damn impressive, thanks for taking us along!, ran across a guy last year on the pct, up by Humboldt summit, guy was looking bad, he had gotten girdia 3 days earlier...was going to pick him up when I came back over the top, and get him down to town, but some other guys gave him a ride. Be safe man, give a holler if you need anything when you get up towards hwy 70 to hwy 36 country.

Kennedy Meadows North to South Lake Tahoe. For a moment there I thought I was back in the desert. Trail is finally starting to flatten out a little, but still dealing with some snow at elevations above 8,000 feet. But miles per day are starting to creep back up. I did a 26 two days ago followed by a 27 yesterday. I was tempted last night to go for 33 to get to the paved road, but I knew my odds of getting a hitch after dark were probably zero, so I opted to camp up on the mountain and leave six for this morning.

Mosquitoes are starting to become an issue. Have to spray myself down if I want any peace when ever I stop for a break.

I'm 1,090 miles in.

IMG_20240623_190500_825~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_142152_255~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_110925_808~2.jpg

IMG_20240622_175201_978~2.jpg

IMG_20240622_172154_544~2.jpg

IMG_20240622_155900_311~2.jpg

IMG_20240623_174847_183.jpg

IMG_20240623_112323_569.jpg

Great pictures Moz. The lakes certain enhance the environment and beauty.

Have you encountered any hikers making the trip north to south yet?

Great pictures Moz. The lakes certain enhance the environment and beauty.

Have you encountered any hikers making the trip north to south yet?
Lots of section hikers doing southbound (we call them SOBOs as opposed to us NOBOs). But I haven't met any SOBOs yet that are doing the entire PCT.

Kennedy Meadows North to South Lake Tahoe. For a moment there I thought I was back in the desert. Trail is finally starting to flatten out a little, but still dealing with some snow at elevations above 8,000 feet. But miles per day are starting to creep back up. I did a 26 two days ago followed by a 27 yesterday. I was tempted last night to go for 33 to get to the paved road, but I knew my odds of getting a hitch after dark were probably zero, so I opted to camp up on the mountain and leave six for this morning.

Mosquitoes are starting to become an issue. Have to spray myself down if I want any peace when ever I stop for a break.

I'm 1,090 miles in.

View attachment 149534

View attachment 149535

View attachment 149536

View attachment 149537

View attachment 149538

View attachment 149539

View attachment 149542

View attachment 149544
That’s my home stretch of the pct ! Love that volcanic landscape

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back