Outfitter / Guide Stories

completesportsman

Long Time Member
The shooting beyond belief post gave me an idea. I'll bet the outfitters & guides on here probably have some good hunting stories to tell??

A friend of my wifes family lives up in northern Maine and has a black bear hunting operation. He says he drinks more during bear season than any other time of the year because a lot of his customers are guys that have never hunted before, are scared of the woods, scared of the dark etc.

If any of you guys have any funny stories, horror stories, or success stories to share lets hear em.

I've been lucky to have access to some good places to hunt, have used fishing guides once in awhile for flyfishing, but only once did i ever hire a guide for hunting, the horrers!

A buddy and i both had fairly young dogs and we were desperate to get our dogs on some pheasents opening weekend. A gal that we worked with, her husband was a guide and told us that he had acess to "lots" of private land down in the Sac. valley, we should limit out in no time where we could drive a few miles and then limit on wild valley quail, and if we wanted, we could camp at a special spot he had where this farm pond was "loaded" with channel Catfish that we could catch where we camped after done hunting.

We all went in my cabover, only jumped 1 pheasent in two days of hunting railroad tracks and star thissel fields, he shot the thing even though it had just got up and any one of us could have shot it...The quail hunting was on public land, place i've hunted for years, we got like three birds between us, and the catfish pond was a skum covered, brush choked, foul smellingest piece of water that even i had no interest in fishing let alone camping next to.

My bud and i split the gas, bought all the food, and ended up paying him about $500. for the two days. Live and learn, never again, and i can't stand seeing him standing around the coffee shop all decked out in his camo, every single day talking about all the game he's seeing.

Joey

Great idea, but i have 17 years worth of stories as a guide, how much time do we have here?? Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom