Our 2024 hunt adventure.

Deercy

Despite all the gloom and doom about shrinking opportunities on the hunt side of things, once again we are (my two boys and I) flush with opportunities. We drew 3 really good 2 preference point tags, and 3 really good 2nd choice bull elk tags in my home state. On top of that, I drew a really good deer tag in New Mexico. They are all over the same time frame, so we will be busy. The first priority will be the deer tags in Colorado, the second will be elk. I likely will not hunt the New Mexico deer tag. I'm starting a new job now, and money is tight, but it will be interesting to see how much time I have. Both of my boys have gotten summer jobs, one on a framing crew, and the other at a feed mill, to help with the expenses. I also have access to a large whitetail lease, through my company, and fully plan on taking my girls hunting there. Once again, I hope to fill the freezer. Deer are low on my scale of good meat, well below elk and antelope, so I hope to have a few days to hunt wapiti. It's been a crazy busy year, and with a lot of seasons starting in September, I'm just starting to realize how close it is.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom