OTC archery now (2025) for Residents!

Has anyone wondered how the liberals will make up the lost money by only allowing 25% NR? I mean res tag at 62.00 is a no brainer, buy one and go see if you can get an answer from your truck. I don't know but reading looks like a 15m ish for non res tags. Take away 75% of that and now what?
Parks pass paid mostly by residents. $40 million last year alone.

NR hunting money and granny’s Buick registration is fueling CPW stupidity.

Last edited:
For those of you who care about such things, you can see how the outdoor recreation pie is split up by taking a look at this report. My apologies for the stupid giant link - yes it’s real.

Unfortunately it doesn’t dive into the almighty NR dollar, but it’s safe to assume a full time resident makes a FAR greater contribution to our States economy.

Take note of the contribution of hunting compared to the other outdoor activities. But remember, most of the wildlife related spending is earned from hunting dollars.

IMG_3708.png

Last edited:
DENVER - As Colorado gears up to celebrate National Public Lands Day on September 28, Governor Jared Polis and Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) are announcing new data underscoring the continued growth and importance of outdoor recreation in the state's economy.

Today, Governor Polis and CPW released an updated economic impact and outdoor recreation participation report highlighting that in 2023, outdoor recreationists in Colorado spent over $52.1 billion dollars on trips and equipment, contributing to a total economic output of $65.8 billion. Additionally, 96% of Coloradans went outside to recreate with 72% recreating outdoors once or more per week.

“Colorado’s incredible public lands attract people from all over the world and provide opportunities for everyone to get outside and explore, while driving our economy, supporting businesses, and creating jobs. From our cities to our rural areas, Colorado economies benefit from outdoor recreation and we look forward to building on our state’s success in outdoor recreation,” said Governor Jared Polis.

The new research by Colorado State University combined with a Southwick Associates study on Colorado’s recreation economy, is informing CPW’s update of the Colorado Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP) that will be released this fall.

“Outdoor recreation is a significant contributor to Colorado’s economy. Activities from hiking, boating, hunting and trail running to biking and skiing support businesses, jobs, and government services in both rural and urban communities,” said CPW Director Jeff Davis. “It is an honor and a privilege to support the backbone of the outdoor recreation economy with our 43 state parks, over 960 wildlife species and the State Trails Program that has distributed over $175 million since 2000 for trail grants and capital improvements that benefit outdoor recreation. Federal, Tribal, state, local, and private landowners with recreation access easements all play a critical role in providing and maintaining the lands and waters where people recreate,” Davis said.

According to the report, Colorado’s outdoor recreation sector is larger than construction, finance/insurance, and education/healthcare/social assistance contributing $36.5 billion dollars to the Gross Domestic Product of the state. This economic activity supports over 404,000 jobs in the state, which represents 12% of the entire labor force in Colorado and produces $22.2 billion dollars in salaries and wages.

“This research reaffirms what we know to be true, that the outdoor recreation economy is a significant force in Colorado and critical to our success,” said Conor Hall, the head of Colorado’s Outdoor Recreation Industry Office. "As we look to the future, there’s incredible opportunity to grow this sector sustainably, ensuring that our natural landscapes are preserved while providing access and opportunities for all. By focusing on innovation and partnerships, we can ensure Colorado remains a leader in outdoor recreation for generations to come."

Every five years, CPW updates the Colorado SCORP, conducting research on outdoor recreation participation and economic contributions. This year's studies asked respondents to report on how much they recreate outdoors and how much they spend on these activities. The study also divided Colorado into geographic regions, finding that while consumer spending on the Front Range was the highest at $29.6 billion, the Western Slope region was where the largest proportion of participants recreated, with 67% of Colorado adults taking part in outdoor recreation in that region.

“The Department of Natural Resources is proud to lead efforts critical to the stewardship of Colorado’s land, water, and wildlife which benefit not only Colorado’s outdoor recreation economy, but our quality of life,” said Dan Gibbs, Executive Director of Colorado’s Department of Natural Resources. “This report highlights that properly managed and balanced outdoor recreation will continue to play a central role for individual Coloradans and our local communities for generations to come.”

See the full 2023 Economic Contributions of Outdoor Recreation Report.

###
Tweet
Forward
CPW is an enterprise agency, relying primarily on license sales, state parks fees and registration fees to support its operations, including: 43 state parks and more than 350 wildlife areas covering approximately 900,000 acres, management of fishing and hunting, wildlife watching, camping, motorized and non-motorized trails, boating and outdoor education. CPW's work contributes approximately $6 billion in total economic impact annually throughout Colorado.
3921c3bd-1f57-407f-9ba4-aa48f51be860.jpg

These nonresidents claiming cpw will go broke because they cut their tags are hilarious. That parks pass is a huge cash cow for them. They will also just raise the price of the required license you have to buy to apply, raise the price of the habitat stamp, raise preference point fees, etc.

BTW, I am very suspicious of any conclusions drawn from that report. I only read enough of the methodology to roll my eyes.

Sorry, didn't want it to be a missing match. But ok colorado don't need any NR money. Was just wondering is all. There are other things than a license, hotel, food, gas, equipment, etc. Sorry for the dumb comment.

Has anyone wondered how the liberals will make up the lost money by only allowing 25% NR? I mean res tag at 62.00 is a no brainer, buy one and go see if you can get an answer from your truck. I don't know but reading looks like a 15m ish for non res tags. Take away 75% of that and now what?
Who says it’s liberal Colorado hunters that want Colorado to be more fair to us resident hunters? Here’s a clue: resident hunters are most likely not liberals.

You guys are so bitchy about all this. Believe me I get residents should get the best breaks and nr takes 3nf seat. But you guys act like because you live in Colorado no one else should be able to hunt there. What's the biggest ***** of ya? I didn't want this to be a pissing match but I guess it's like walking on egg shells. A resident hunter can hunt for almost 20 years for the price of 1 year for a NR. But because my folks lived in another state and I was born in another state, im scum. I guess if I lived here I would have plenty of honey holes to hunt. Beings it's a missing match why don't ya buy some land and then only you will be able to hunt it. Just sayin

You guys are so bitchy about all this. Believe me I get residents should get the best breaks and nr takes 3nf seat. But you guys act like because you live in Colorado no one else should be able to hunt there. What's the biggest ***** of ya? I didn't want this to be a pissing match but I guess it's like walking on egg shells. A resident hunter can hunt for almost 20 years for the price of 1 year for a NR. But because my folks lived in another state and I was born in another state, im scum. I guess if I lived here I would have plenty of honey holes to hunt. Beings it's a missing match why don't ya buy some land and then only you will be able to hunt it. Just sayin
I'm a resident. I pay taxes all year on basically every aspect of my life to live in this state. Yeah, I should 100% take preference when it comes to hunting here over a NR. No one's saying you're scum but yourself. People are just saying they are tired of non residents thinking they should be entitled to the same rights as residents. Nope. I don't go to Wyoming to hunt and then ***** non stop about my rights to hunt there. The argument we here are calling BS is yall NRs saying that basically everything will die without the NR dollars. Yeah it will be noticed in some areas, but it won't be as catastrophic as yall make it out to be. If that were the case then wyoming would be imploding right now with the cuts they are making.

Your wrong on us thinking colorado will die without nr. We all pay taxes in America. But why is a nr paying 15-20x more than a resident the problem. As I said, I totally get a resident for any state should and does get top priority over and nr....look any where and you will see it. I just dont get how to bring it uo in a way for a res to look on the other side. Colorado has the biggest elk herd in the us.....you think that won't draw the most hunters? In other words I guess if a guy works his ass off all year to save a few bucks to head to the mountains and enjoy himself with his kids is a sin....sorry

I suppose poorhunter could always hunt those cheaper and more available elk tags in Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico if he doesn’t like our prices.

So six, not ten plus.

And many of these towns feel little benefit from skiing and snowmobiling. For a lot of those gas stations and restaurants, hunters are #1.
I'm sure hunting is even lower since the most recent list I could find was from 2021. How do those gas stations and restaurants stay open the other 9 or 10 months out of the year? Did Wyoming implode by drastically cutting nonresidents?
The problem with your guy's argument is that you feel your entitled to the same things as residents.
Let me ask you a question what percentage of tags do you think you should get?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom