Opinion on Muzzleloader

BillyBoB

I am thinking about getting a muzzleloader and I'd like to hear your opinions on what's reliable.
I don't know much about them but I live in Utah.
45cal or 50cal?
What ammo set up works good for you?
I'm looking to spend around 300-400$

Also would like to hear opinions on red dot,1x scopes

Any help would be great.

go with 50 cal and for load i use 2 imr white hot pellets and 300 gr hornady fbp bullets will kill anything you want

50 cal definately

If you only plan on using it in Utah and shoot sabots, you can't beat T/C products. A stainless Z5 omega is around $400. If you ever plan on hunting in Colorado (where only conicals are allowed) T/C is not your best choice. T/C will tell you their guns are built for sabots, not conicals. That said, most will shoot bullets that have a rear "skirt" on them simulating the effects of a sabot, pretty well. That is why most will shoot the Hornady FPB pretty well, although they may not be as accurate at longer distances.

If you want one to shoot conicals well, you should give a look at the CVA Accura V2. Can be had for just over $400. Should shoot both sabots and conicals well.

Of course, the rifle is just the beginning of costs!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

If your looking for a good conical take a peek at NO EXCUSES!! My gun loves those bullets and are accurate as can be. May wanna also look into a peep sight with adjustable iris vs. the red dot.

I have a TC Omega, it is a very nice gun. Shoots well and easy to clean. I shoot TC Shockwave bullets with two 50 grain pellets and seems to be a good combo for me. I have a 1x Nikon scope that is good for a 1x, some like Red dots too, personally I like cross-hairs but to each his own. Good luck it is a fun way to hunt, you will enjoy it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom