Ok to use a 4 letter word?

Well on a positive Moose note, while fencing yesterday - I look up and about 20 yards away is a wobbling moose calf looking at me and the dogs. I basically crapped my pants and took off running for SBS and screaming for my dogs to follow. For some miraculous reason my dogs never did see the calf. I drove off with the dogs running behind me. Finally after a couple hundred yards I turn around hoping to see my dogs and not a momma moose chasing us. Got the dogs in the SBS and watched the calf bed right back down. The momma showed up about an hour later.

All in all a great experience, but not one I want to repeat, unless it turns out exactly as this one did. The cow and calf are on the South end of my pasture and still hanging around this am.

On a not so positive note for Bean/Blue and all of the nearing 60+ year old top point holders --one of sons friends drew a Unit 6 Bull tag with one weighted point.

No deer here , ? Guess that’s one way to have guys quit hunting.
Used to draw elk, deer and antelope every year & now I get nothin? What a fuggin joke

No elk either. First year I won’t be elk hunting since ‘96

I love how these 5 year plans have worked out.
Maybe they are giving tags to newcomers?

Rookie. LOL. Kidding, it sucks how tough moose is to draw.

3-24 is now max points. Right where my wife and thousands of others are sitting. You have a near equal odds if you have 3+22
I'm right there with ya, and the same for sheep, can't draw a tag to save my butt.

I also drew a B list cow tag as second choice and gained a point. I’m hoping there will be leftover elk archery tags in 41, 421, and 42 like there was last year. If I’m not able to then I’will pick up an OTC bull tag. Either way I’ll have two elk tags.

I used the 4 letter word last night when one my "mentorees" that I took on pack trip last called me to say, he didn't and his buddy didn't draw a bull or cow tag --which last year had 3rd choice hunters get awarded tags. I told him they did something wrong or didn't put the hunt codes in right. He told me they put in the exact same codes I gave them last year. I had him shoot me picture of his application.

His 1st Choice - Preference point
2nd Choice - Cow Tag
3rd Choice - Bull Tag

I called him back and told him you did draw 1st choice.
I guess I am a poor Mentor, and hopefully they can pick up a bull or cow tag in August when the reissue list comes out.

I also told him they are going a pack trip with or without a tag, because I drew a cow tag with no points as it is far too much work one guy to pack horses by themselves.

I also asked him to send me a copy of last years application as I told him I would never have told you to put in for a preference point - he is yet to send it to me, so I hope he is learning something.

If all else fails I could turn in cow tag, but I love the fact I get to go at least 2 CO elk hunts for now until they change the regulations.

I've already drawn sheep and goat I don't apply for moose. My kids are in for all three and I get them points as they are free until after they turn 18. I'd rather box but we can arm wrestle

Sounds good what tag you wanna fight for? Curious what your putting up on your end of the bet. I guess pick the tag and I'll tell you how much i get for it

Hmm that’s tough….. how about all my monster Muleys street cred? It’s definitely worth way more than any measly tag.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom