North beaver antlerless elk hunt Jan 2021

Tball

Hello everyone, I drew a north beaver antlerless elk tag fir this month. I was thinking the zone started down at south creek and I had hunted that area before but the unit boundary doesn’t reach that far south. So I’m looking for some help
From anyone that knows that area and where a good place to start hunting would be. Thanks in advance. Truitt

Those cow elk have been run all over that mountain since August 1st. With just a little snow. They have been up high. very tough to find this year.

I have no problem with telling where I killed a late season cow elk. If I get help or not. I’ve hunted around beaver before. But it is not in the unit for this hunt. Just looking for some honest advice on a starting point. Thanks Truitt
We could give you internet advice or you could hit the unit and figure it out. Doubt you'll be back with the coordinates of where you kill, if you kill.

In the hills back behind those close to the road spots. We have found small groups of bulls. We hunt the unit with family every year pretty much. It is usually a weekend hunt. Going out in a few hours. We will let you know what we see.

In the hills back behind those close to the road spots. We have found small groups of bulls. We hunt the unit with family every year pretty much. It is usually a weekend hunt. Going out in a few hours. We will let you know what we see.
Cool. Thank you m, I sure appreciate that. Been looking at that area for years.

We could give you internet advice or you could hit the unit and figure it out. Doubt you'll be back with the coordinates of where you kill, if you kill.
Don’t you love that? I’ve give several guys really good advice, even sent pins to a couple of them on where to go. I know they killed, some posted pics here, UWN, FB and Instagram, yet not a word mentioned of help. Or even bothered to let me know how it ended up.

I even seen a guy take a spot I told him about and then after he killed and posted a pic, proceeded to be a complete asshat to someone else asking where to go fill their tag, telling them to go do the hard work themselves ? still banned from that page and the “hunter” blocked my account over that deal!

I always try to help people out if I can.
I hunt alot in Colorado on public lands that I have found on my own that I’ve actually told residents where to hunt. That said. I do have a little honey hole that I’ve found that I’ve shot two 30” bucks that I do keep to myself. But as far as elk go I have no trouble giving info. If I have it. I’m 62 and I’m not really a trophy hunter anymore, except this coming year going one last time for the 200” buck.at my honey hole. I’m a meat hunter now That’s why I draw cow tags for Colorado and Utah plus California. when I can. Just trying to fill the freezer and if someone else needs to fill there I will try to help them. thanks. Truitt

I always try to help people out if I can.
I hunt alot in Colorado on public lands that I have found on my own that I’ve actually told residents where to hunt. That said. I do have a little honey hole that I’ve found that I’ve shot two 30” bucks that I do keep to myself. But as far as elk go I have no trouble giving info. If I have it. I’m 62 and I’m not really a trophy hunter anymore, except this coming year going one last time for the 200” buck.at my honey hole. I’m a meat hunter now That’s why I draw cow tags for Colorado and Utah plus California. when I can. Just trying to fill the freezer and if someone else needs to fill there I will try to help them. thanks. Truitt
Tball- Are you planning to hunt the N side of Beaver East or West?
A good number of elk from the East side close to I-15 North of Beaver will generally cross over to the West side from hunting pressure. The terrain is pretty open over there. Go up to the top of Gillies Hill & glass and you may spot a few small herds. There is private property near the edge of the highway, but it’s fenced & pretty easy to tell when you are on public ground.

The north beaver unit it’s east of 15
From 153 to junction then 89 north to 70
From 153 north to 170
East I70 to 89
Thanks for the info. It all helps and will definitely look at what your talking about. Headed up the 20 th. Thru 25 th. I’ll post results. Of the hunt snd pics. Thank you so much for the info. I’m so glad people are willing to help me out. Truitt

Hey big Joh t. Was just wondering can we use out razor on those back roads ?

Yes sorry to say you can drive pretty much everywhere. Cold and slick in the morning. Warm and muddy in the afternoon. The last day of our hunt was yesterday. We basically hunted from the center of Beaver north to I 70 Ana little east. Found 14 bulls and not one cow. We have hunted this area before, last year even. Usually a one weekend hunt. I would if I was still hunting. Go the the Marysville side or Circleville side. We where running and glasses all day. Some of the bulls where as close as 500 yards.

697035F1-AF4E-4821-9619-3D568DC3D164.jpeg

3041DE94-105C-4891-A0FC-A6774D439B24.jpeg

Yes sorry to say you can drive pretty much everywhere. Cold and slick in the morning. Warm and muddy in the afternoon. The last day of our hunt was yesterday. We basically hunted from the center of Beaver north to I 70 Ana little east. Found 14 bulls and not one cow. We have hunted this area before, last year even. Usually a one weekend hunt. I would if I was still hunting. Go the the Marysville side or Circleville side. We where running and glasses all day. Some of the bulls where as close as 500 yards.

View attachment 22307

View attachment 22308

View attachment 22307

View attachment 22308
Thanks for the info. Sorry you didn’t find the cows. I’ll give those areas your talking about a try. I’ll give you a shout out when I get to hunting. I’ll let you no what’s going on. If I find them maybe you could break away for a couple days for a little hunt. I’ll be in touch. Thanks again for all of your help. You’ve been more than helpful. Truitt

View attachment 22307

View attachment 22308
Hello big John t. One more question. By chance did you go up to the top of Indian creek and wild cat ? Thanks Truitt

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom