non resident archery

S

stevenclark

i have been lookin into archery hunting deer elk and antelope in wyoming. i know you ahve to buy the archery liscence but do they have easy to draw arcehry only seasons?

"if you are willing to pay a guide."? I don't get it. You don't have to hunt with a guide with an archery only tag do you?

Steve

Go to the Wyoming Game and Fish website under Hunting. There, you will find the draw odds for 2007. To my knowledge, elk are the only species which have archery only permits. Also check out the left over list for elk. I saw some archery only left over permits for this year. Which should indicate an easy or easier draw for next year. Hope that helps.

The state is supposed to have type 9 licenses but I have yet to find out enough about them. I guess it is going to take a call to Cheyenne to get it all straight. Unless someone on here has more info????

after some long hours on the internet i think i may have things figured out-

for antelope you have to draw the limited licence AND then you buy an archery liscence to hunt the early season and if unsuccesful you can hunt the regular limited season with any weapon. i have learned that areas around laramie are easy to draw and have high sucess rates so i guess ill put in there.

and for deer i think its the same

and elk i think is the same but they have arcehry only areas.

even though it will probably take me a while to get these permits, i have to start somewhere

There is not a lot of public land around Laramie to hunt. I would make sure you have somewhere to hunt before you put in or be willing to pay for an outfitter.

Sorry slow getting back. Most of the Archery only (type 9) Elk tags are in the Wilderness Areas surrounding Yellowstone and the Bighorns. There are always left over tags because to hunt the Wilderness in Wyoming you have to have a guide. Also these wilderness areas usually have any weapon hunt dates through the rut so most folks opt for the rifle.

There's almost no public access around Laramie as noted. However, there are some large goats if you want to crack yer wallet. There's an old adage in these parts. If it's an easy to draw tag, the quality is poor due to excess tags or there's no public access.

ok so after further research i think i am very interested in units 99 and 95 near evanston WY. from the maps i have found there is alot of public land on both of these units and have good sucess rates. so what do all of the WY residents think of this area?

yes there is a lot of public ground around evanston but the problem is getting a tag. As you probably already know the success rate for drawing an antelope tag on the western portion of wyoming is down below 10 percent or less in most of the units.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom