No More Cooking for an Army!

Blank

Long Time Member
Last couple left the house this morning, down to just the wife and me. Lot quieter in the house now, too. Between gluten-free, no salt, don't do meat, have any veggies - it's been a challenge.
smile.gif

Cleaned up all the leftovers, and recovered a half dozen Tupperware containers. A Biscuit w/ gravy, hash brown patties, 3 eggs and stout coffee. That will last until tonight, for sure. Now I can go shovel snow with a vengeance.

IMG_3091.jpeg

Need some down time to process and decompress from the whirlwind of the past month! I'm sure everyone goes thru the same thing eventually.

Need some down time to process and decompress from the whirlwind of the past month! I'm sure everyone goes thru the same thing eventually.
We do, at times like you just experienced.

Why do the kids coming home tire us out so much?

When we had all 5 at home I had 99.9% of the human power in the house. Now I have 2% of the power and that much is questionable…….. with all due respect.

Tuff when you have been the Lion King, and have to start giving up power to the younger generation!!!

Many sincere thanks to everyone for your support the past month. You've all been great.

The original response to the Covid disaster and nursing homes was to trap them in their rooms, and not let anyone see them. This was especially tough on our kids, and their close ties to GrandMa. She was basically isolated from all the family outside, and from all of her friends inside the senior living center. Here's a picture of our first year, and why we decided to bring her into our house for her final two years of quality life with us.

314404250_10222147415177626_6346264207170957388_n.jpeg

Agree 2lumpy. Your a good family man and father.

When my mom broke her hip, we did everything we can to keep her out of one. Unfortunately the Hip and the surgery and broken spine did her in at 90 years old. I was able to get a hospice approved since she wouldn't make the long surgery that was needed for the spine and the time she had left and she was able to pass away in a very nice place after seeing all of family and friends over a few weeks. We were there as well. My 93 year old father really had a hard time after she passed and could have made it quite a few more years but his heart was broken.

We knew he was not going to hang in there the following summer based on how he acted and talked the last few months and he asked us to let him die in his favorite chair in the family room in his home that he built. My brother and I split the days and we stayed with him 24-7. He passed away with me there. My brother and family were on the way but he couldn't hang on long enough. That was tough time for me being there for both when they both left us.

I am currently helping my 89 year old MIL as well the best I can. Our parents and family are important.

Your a good family man and it sounds like you have a terrific family.

Sometimes it's a lot of work, but then we remember it's a labor of love. Parents brought us into the world, and nurtured and protected us for all those years. Caring for them a couple of years at the end is nothing. Good on you DH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom