NL Pure 14x52’s showed up today. Thanks Outdoorsman!!!

yotebuster17

Got them in the mail today. Fast shipping thanks to outdoorsman!! Unfortunately no tripod stud yet as outdoorsman won’t have them till 8/1 so all I could do is hand hold them. They handle about like a 12 NL. I feel like the weight makes them a little more stable to hand hold then the 12’s and a more shaky due to the power. WAY better to hand hold then 15’s. They fit in my stone glacier medium bino harness. A little tight but fit snug. 15’s aren’t even close to fitting in there. I’ll put some pics up. They’re right between 15’s and 12’s on weight. I think they could replace my 15’s, but I won’t be sellling my 12’s for sure as these definitely aren’t a replacement for 12’s. If you can only afford one or the other, buy 12’s. They’re nearly identical dimensions to my EL range TA’s except for better in the bino harness since they’re sleeker and don’t have the big fat bass belly on them like the ranges do. Sorry, can’t speak much to optics on them as I didn’t have them on a tripod.
IMG_3637.jpeg
IMG_3642.jpeg
IMG_3641.jpeg
IMG_3643.jpeg

Got them in the mail today. Fast shipping thanks to outdoorsman!! Unfortunately no tripod stud yet as outdoorsman won’t have them till 8/1 so all I could do is hand hold them. They handle about like a 12 NL. I feel like the weight makes them a little more stable to hand hold then the 12’s and a more shaky due to the power. WAY better to hand hold then 15’s. They fit in my stone glacier medium bino harness. A little tight but fit snug. 15’s aren’t even close to fitting in there. I’ll put some pics up. They’re right between 15’s and 12’s on weight. I think they could replace my 15’s, but I won’t be sellling my 12’s for sure as these definitely aren’t a replacement for 12’s. If you can only afford one or the other, buy 12’s. They’re nearly identical dimensions to my EL range TA’s except for better in the bino harness since they’re sleeker and don’t have the big fat bass belly on them like the ranges do. Sorry, can’t speak much to optics on them as I didn’t have them on a tripod. View attachment 150103View attachment 150104View attachment 150105View attachment 150106
Is that a white powdery substance on your scale?? :p

If you could only have one, you are saying go with the 12's.
Whats your reasoning behind that?

Assuming the hunter will be mainly glassing off a tripod with both versions. And glassing a lot of open terrain

If you could only have one, you are saying go with the 12's.
Whats your reasoning behind that?

Assuming the hunter will be mainly glassing off a tripod with both versions. And glassing a lot of open terrain
Depends on what I’m hunting primarily I guess. If it’s just hunting early season deer and or (especially) coues deer where I’m trying to find bedded deer at long ranges,I’d say the 14’s would be the ticket. If you hunt elk at all, and rutting mule deer, (both very easy to find IMO) I would stick with 12’s. The 12’s are just such a good all around bino and so small and light. So I guess for 90% of guys who want a single all around bino, the 12x42 NL is just that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom