NFR Standings in Vegas

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Young Russell isn't doing so well so far as they missed their steer last night but there's still a lot of day money to go for and just getting there is no easy thing. Russell Cardoza, Heeler, team roping. My Dad's youngest brother Russell Sr. and i were raised as brothers on the family ranch. Young Russell is my cousin.

Here's a link that one can navigate to see how their favorite in all the events is doing. It updates within minutes of the go round ending. I have family there. Anyone else going to Vegas?

http://www.prorodeo.com/prorodeo/wr...sults-standings/real-time-rankings?event=TRHL

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

That 8.4/2 has gotta Hurt!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-15 AT 06:39PM (MST)[p]Yeah Bess, that's a darn good number on two steers. So far, most of the guys are putting in very fast times and catching both feet. So they're at the bottom in the average but day money on just one go around can pay a couple months salary for some.

edit, here's a link to the payoff per round/night. that $17+K for first place is paid out to each member, not split, if it's a team event. serious money on the line.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/rodeo/nfr/national-finals-rodeo-payout

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

yeah, i just saw that to. you get the idea though, serious cash!

Joey

Not going down this year unfortunately. But I won't miss a night watching it on tv. How's your fantasy rodeo standings?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-15 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p]"How's your fantasy rodeo standings?"

Sounds like fun but i don't even know what that is. I gave up having tv about a year ago to better spend my money so i don't get to see what's going on, have to follow it on the links that i posted. I last night got a note from my Lil Sis saying that the header missed in the second go around or i wouldn't even have known that and from their posted time last night, i'm figuring that young Russell must only picked up the one foot.

As far as having no tv, i missed watching my SF Giants play this year and i'm missing the Finals here now. Otherwise, i get along well without it, some of the best money i never spent! :)

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-15 AT 11:40PM (MST)[p]Well, young Russell and his header didn't do so well at the Finals. They did get good time in the final go-round to get a second place day money check that should have, along with a 4th place round earlier in the event, put them with winning something over $30,000. for the 10 day event.

Not great but not bad either. Congrats to all the guys that made the Finals!!

Edit; i just heard from Family that he won a very nice saddle too. I can't figure where that came from?

Joey

I think that's pretty darn good. It's always good to see family sticking to the roots, talents, and values that made them who they are. You have a right to be proud Joey.

Thanks Eel! I didn't lean to the Rodeo sports myself but loved life living, working the Ranch, and all that entailed.

I finally got some utube of the different rounds. Russell and his pard took 4th in the 6th round with a time of 4.2 seconds. They were the last to rope and watch young Russell's horse, that's a horse that knows his business!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-15 AT 12:08PM (MST)[p]sick! Yeah, That's way fast to win most Rodeo's!

i think the average guy out there doesn't realize just how many people across this land Team Rope as a serious hobby, putting in lots of time and money trying to get better at the game. Those that make the National Finals consistently are truly good, the cream of the crop and earned their way by winning the money both big and small all season long.

Russell's Dad was pretty good as a header, won lots and lots at the jackpot ropings both close by and the one's he'd travel to. Several of my Uncles won their Buckles at the Livermore Rodeo and two other cousins currently sit on that Board of Directors right now. One great uncle rode War Paint, a near unridable horse, in the Cow Palace way back when, to win the world Championship, was a traveling ambassador for the sport and many, many time Grand Marshal throughout the West. He retired up to Roseburg Or. until his passing several years ago.

Warpaint about to unseat a rider...
820warpaint.jpg

I threw a rope a bit, but it was easy for me to see that i was better at other things. If to do over, i think steer wrestling might have suited me and gave that a try.

Joey

RE: RE: NFR Standings in Vegas

Not only would it win most rodeos, the people that saw it would be talkin about it for months! From the little I know of ya and the pic I've seen of ya in yer younger days I'd agree steer wrestlin would a been yer event. Course they describe it as jumpin out of the back of a pickup at 25mph and tacklin a mailbox! Gotta wear a guy out over time! Bout like plumbin and framein! That's a cool old pic a that buckin horse, photographer caught him just right!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom