new TV

D

d13r

I'm going to costco tommorrow to get a new TV......about42 to 47 incher.....what do I want?? plasma?, LCD?,.......

JB

Get one you can control on sundays so you dont have to watch that chit IVE2143 had to watch!!! LCD is my vote for you JB.

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

Jef;

Good that you are going to a store that you can do side by side comparsion for screen clarity. When I bought my large 52" screen, I was able to campare it with others. I ended up getting a brand for 100 bucks less and far better clarity then the one selling for a higher price in that size.

RELH

I got mine at best buy. Iwas just looking for a plain jane and the old lady got me to walk down the plasma and lcd isle. Everything was outta my price range untill I spotted one for $800. It was a floor model toshiba 36" LCD. Saved about $500 off of retail. Came with the same warranty and everything else. 2 years and no problems. Scout the stores for floor models on sale.

JB,

Like the others said, skip those Plazma's and get a LCD. Now here is the latest right off the hot press.

40-42" Best Buy per Consumers report: Toshiba Regza 42" Model 42HL67 for $1,150 and the next one would be an LG 42" at $1,600

46-47" Best Buy per Consumers is the Sony Bravia KDL-46S3000 at a cost of $1,900

The Vizio 42" is $1,200 and has good ratings as well. Good luck on the shopping trip.

Brian

JVC has a good picture. Plasma HD if it were me.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

He's probably busy trying to get the dang thing hooked up and comming in clear. Trying to set the clock and the language, scan for all the channels, etc.

In fact he might be taking it back as I type this.:)

Eel

Come on JB what did you buy?? Hope that you don't have the problems like you did with that old puter and smoking it in the garage trying to upload old stuff to the new one.

Damn, he probable got PO and put his big foot through the screen when he couldn't get it set up. LOL

Brian

When I bought my new TV 6 months ago, I also went to Costco and checked them all out. I did not like the plasmas....do dull a picture. I bought a 42" LCD Vizio and I'm completly happy with it.Now I need to buy another one for our other living room to replace our 15 year old Mitsubishi projection big screen that is a total piece of %#@&. It's the kids TV so I'm in no hurry!!

What did you buy?

Steve

It really depends on how much you want to spend. IMO the Vizio is a great TV for the money. I ended up buying the Phillips 42" LCD at Costco just recently. It was a couple hundred more dollars but I liked the picture better than the Vizio. Do not get a plasma. They are more dull and if they go out you are SOL and have to buy a new one.

In an LCD TV you can replace the bulb for a couple hundred and be back in action. If you have the money the Sony is by far the best way to go. I have a 60" Sony LCD and it has the best picture I have ever seen. We bought a new 52" LCD Samsung for our family room and ended up still liking our Sony better. Oh and btw, if you are going to watch HD DVD's or Blu Ray Disc then make sure that you get a TV that is 1080P.

I doubt it, I'll bet his woman said NO! now he's scared to post until he gets one cause we will all want to see the three of them together in a photo - the wife, Dcup, and the TV!

Come on Dcup, man-up. . .

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-08 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]The LCD TV's are definitely the way to go.

I can't help any of you yet, but a very close friend is in the E-waste recycling business, and they've just signed a deal with a TV manufacturer that they expect to provide them with about 200 HD TV's per month. Most are expected to be LCD TVs.

The kicker is that they'll be used, completely refurbished with a 90 day warranty. Cost will be about 1/2 of what a new one goes for.

More details to follow soon for anyone who is interested.

TO THE TOP 4 TUFF BUFF!!!

YOU GOTTA SPEND MORE TIME ON MM!!!

AND LESS TIME WATCHING TV!!!

THEN YOU'D ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER!!!

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU TUFF BUFF???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom