New to Gila Valley

davtaiv

Hay everyone,

Aside from my job, the reason I moved to AZ was for the hunting. I archery hunt anything I can. I am hoping to chase some deer this winter during the rut. Can anyone fill me in on the process to get an archery tag. Also, does the OTC archery tag allow you to hunt any unit in the Southeast. I live in Safford. Thanks

I grew-up in Kearny (lower Gila), so I can't help you too much with the Safford area. I DO know though, that you are smack in the middle of great hunting/fishing opportunities! ;-)

My advice would be to introduce yourself over at cw.com for some good local advice on that area.

Stick around here too though!

S.

:)

If you haven't already stop in at Gila Outdoors. I was in there a few weeks back and the guys were very helpful...... Good Luck..... Terry

Welcome to Arizona!! Safford is a very nice area to live in especially for an outdoorsman. I graduated from Thatcher High School and even though I now live in Mesa I have a lot of family in and around Safford. I do a ton of hunting (archery, rifle, shotgun, black powder) in the units around the area and fishing so if you have questions or need help let me know.

You can by your hunting license and archery tag through the local Walmart.

Your local units around the area are 27, 28, 31, 32 and 29

Pick up a reg book from the Walmart and you will see the dates set this year for OTC archery in these units.

Good Luck

I live in Safford and hunt in 31 and 27 mostly, a little in 32 and 28.
A OTC archery deer tag (that you can get a walmart or wherever licenses are sold) will allow you to chase mule deer or whitetail in any unit that is open (or not a draw unit) which is every unit around the Gila Valley. When December/January roll around be careful to check the unit you want to hunt because some will open Dec. 13th and some may not open till Jan. 1st. All that info is in the deer regulations. Get a archery javelina
tag too and you can hunt deer and pigs at the same time!
Welcome to the Gila Valley!
Jeff

davtaiv,
If you havent already, you might find a few more folks closer to you at the coues whitetail website. I go by the same 'handle' there too.

Jeff

Davtaiv..I live in safford and if you want to vet out of the heat head up Mt. Graham and go to rigs lake for some trout fishing. Nothing big but its a nice ride and a lot of fun. Make sure to get your trout stamp.

make sure you read the G&F regulations - hopefully you have been resident for over 6 mo otherwise you'll need to wait till next yr.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom