New build

marley

Very Active Member
This rifle used to be a 300 RUM. I had shot out that barrel so I decided that because the RUM was so similar to my Norma ballistically that I would have it rebarreled to a 7 PRC. I went with a 22” Benchmark carbon on the Jim Borden action and swapped the scope to a NF NX8. Manners EH1 stock and a Jewel trigger. Rifle weighs right at 9 lbs 10 oz with the scope. Excited to work up a load. I’ve loaded up several charges of N565 with 162 ELDX and 175 ELDX. Too bad I don’t have a rifle tag this year.

IMG_5816.jpeg

Great looking rifle. I have been doing some reading on the 7PRC. Let us know how she shoots when you get some rest loads worked up. I’m wishing now that I would have gone the 7PRC route over the 300PRC.

Great looking rifle. I have been doing some reading on the 7PRC. Let us know how she shoots when you get some rest loads worked up. I’m wishing now that I would have gone the 7PRC route over the 300PRC.
Sounds like you need both. I did a ladder test yesterday with 162 grain and 175 grain ELDX to find some good nodes. With a 22” barrel I found a good node with N565 at 3080 with the 162s and 2980 with the 175s. This was a bit faster than I was expecting. The 3080 with the 162s was the top load I did and had zero pressure signs so I could push that a bit more but I don’t know that I want it going any faster. Recoil with a suppressor was very mild.

Last edited:
My 300PRC is currently a paperweight sore subject. Wishing I had gone the 7PRC route.
I might return to fool with the 300 one day, but for now I’m over it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom