mortgageman

C

creamofthecrop

i remember you saying you had 38 inch tires on your ford and you pull a fifth wheel. well i have 37" tires on and i want to be able to pull a fifth wheel also. what type of set up did you have to do. did ya flip your axles or what on the fifth wheel?

We actually had to put a lift on the trailer. They welded in a 6" piece of steel between the frame and the axles. Some trailers you can get away with just flipping the axles but mine sat a little lower stock than most so we couldn't do it that way. It sits a little bit high in the front still but not too bad at all. I'll see if I can drum up a pic to show ya.

thanks for the info and a lift on truck and trailer you redneck lol jk how much did they charge you for the lift if ya dont mind me askin? and how does she pull?

I can't find a pic. The lift was $1,100 because I paid to have it done right and keep everything under warranty. The trailer pulls great and the lift isn't too much for a truck with a leveling kit on it. So I can re-sale the trailer without much of a problem. My wife still gives me a hard time about lifting a fifth wheel to fit my truck :). But it looks great and tows just fine. I have had it behind several trucks without lifts and you can't tell a difference really.

Come on Mort, I just gotta see a pic.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

This is the only pic I can find but they aren't hooked up.

IMG_0244.jpg

nice set up there other that the ford and polaris jk i own them too but that is a good lookin rig ya got there

Thanks, If it was a Chevy I would have had to lower the trailer....lol....I'm not biased towards anything. I personally think they all suck for the price we pay.

lol you are right they do all suck especially my dodge, and the chevy thing your right my chev with a 9 1/2 lift sits the same height as my ford with a 6"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom