More Colorado wildlife biology. ; A new Idaho bear biologist last year

Grosventre357

A friend posted this on another hunt forum. In the past month in Idaho we’ve had all sorts of new bear hunting regulations.
Now one is required to report any grizzly sightings on trail cams
You can no longer bear bait within a 2 mi radius for black bear
The unit that I’m currently hunting in the whole unit was shut down for any type of bear baiting

Last week I talked with a guy;
Fish and wildlife following him into his bear baitng site and told him they
:scratch
:oops:
wanted to see his trail camera picturesJust to see if there were any grizzlies on his bait.

And then we just received this

ASHTON, Idaho (KIFI) - Idaho Fish and Game and the Henry’s Fork Master Naturalists are working to remove apples on Saturday for homeowners in the Ashton area who need assistance.

Any apples that have fallen or are still hanging will be removed to help prevent bears from entering the town. Apples are serious bear attractants in the fall and can make bears come into areas they normally wouldn’t.

The collected apples that are still usable will be donated to senior centers, local food banks, and/or wildlife facilities.

To sign up for apple removal assistance, call 801-393-8530 or email purplelauraus@gmail.com.

Have you guys heard about these new Idaho bear regulations ?

What does this have to do with Colorado? Unless there was a citizen’s initiative to eradicate apple trees.

You can have my apple trees when you pry them from my cold dead hands. Or something like that.
How does this relate to Colorado? In the future, my Idaho friend is concerned that hunting black bears in Idaho will no longer be allowed. Numerous non-hunting liberal organizations in Colorado are actively striving to prohibit hunting of black bears and mountain lions. Concerns have been raised about the potential spill-over of liberal wildlife biology experiments from California and Colorado to other western states, which some perceive as not benefiting big game animals or hunters. I contributed $200 to the wildlife organization “HOWL.” They are fighting to keep Black bear hunting and mountain lion hunting open in Colorado. There are lots of great hunters in Colorado and I stand by their side. I doubt that the anti-hunters will be able to ban black bear/mountain lion hunting in CO.

People, religion, and wildlife affect everything. My ancestors were right about stuff and everything since them has gone down hill.

Heres another interesting topic..

The potential delisting of the Grizzly bear in your neighboring state of Montana has sparked a fierce debate. See news link below.
https://mountainjournal.org/montana-fwp-releases-final-eis-for-potential-grizzly-delisting

How does this relate to Colorado? In the future, my Idaho friend is concerned that hunting black bears in Idaho will no longer be allowed. Numerous non-hunting liberal organizations in Colorado are actively striving to prohibit hunting of black bears and mountain lions. Concerns have been raised about the potential spill-over of liberal wildlife biology experiments from California and Colorado to other western states, which some perceive as not benefiting big game animals or hunters. I contributed $200 to the wildlife organization “HOWL.” They are fighting to keep Black bear hunting and mountain lion hunting open in Colorado. There are lots of great hunters in Colorado and I stand by their side. I doubt that the anti-hunters will be able to ban black bear/mountain lion hunting in CO.

People, religion, and wildlife affect everything. My ancestors were right about stuff and everything since them has gone down hill.

Heres another interesting topic..

The potential delisting of the Grizzly bear in your neighboring state of Montana has sparked a fierce debate. See news link below.
https://mountainjournal.org/montana-fwp-releases-final-eis-for-potential-grizzly-delisting
A citizens initiative to ban cat hunting is on the ballot here in November. There is no ballot measure to ban bear hunting.

A long time ago there was one to ban bear baiting, hound hunting, and spring bear season. Then there was another to ban leghold traps.

So yeah, the whole citizens initiative thing has been used pretty successfully by the opposition to change hunting here over the last 40 years.

Some people like democracy, others don’t. But there isn’t anything keeping our side from using it.

Any yes, outside money does influence these outcomes. That’s why it’s so popular to try to restrict the political speech of the opposition.

Personally, I think a large percentage of the populace is simply too stupid to be allowed to vote. I am not surprised at all by where we find ourselves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom