Moose Report

devobrodie

I just got home from my E. Idaho moose hunt, I was lucky enough to get some great advice and local knowledge from Blank, it was great to get the help for a once-in-a-lifetime hunt. I was able to connect on a nice bull, it was just me and my wife so we had our work cut out for us, but it was a great trip. We hiked up a drainage the first night and sat and called for a couple of hrs, but no response, after hiking out we had just enough light to drive a bit of road and glass the hillsides, I spotted a moose just before dark and it turned out to be a very small spike. My plan for the next day was to hike into a different canyon that had some old beaver ponds I had found during one of my scouting trips, but in the middle of the night I thought I should drive back up to where we saw the spike the night before, and glass to open hillsides before the sun hit everything, then go into the timber I didn't see anything, at first light I saw a moose feeding in the open several hundred yards up from where I saw the small bull, it was a cow, it started to trot across the hillside then slowed down. I thought I could hear some faint bull grunts and kept glassing the area, a bull walked out of some aspens following after the cow, after the first look I knew he was pretty good so I was watching him through my scope, when he turned his head towards me I knew he was a good bull, I love width in anything. I had a 175 yard shot and took it. The shot was higher than the high shoulder shot I was trying for but it dropped him in his tracks, I will take some luck any time! I wasn't to far from camp maybe less than 2 miles so I returned to camp and woke up my wife and asked her to get up grab some food and come help me, I returned and started on the bull, she came up in about 30 minutes or so and gave me a hand, it was much appreciated! I am getting too old for this!! HA.
Moose pack.jpg
Moose 1.jpg
Moose 2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom