Monte Cristo Snow????

ForkWest

Very Active Member
Anyone been across the top of Monte in the past few days? How much snow is up there? Wondering if the elk have moved off the top for the upcoming muzzy hunt.

My freind went snowmobiling up there this past weekend, he sent me a cell pic & it looked like there was a few feet.

It has to be fairly deep snow to move them off the top. I would suggest heading up there before the muzzy opener to see.

I was up there on Saturday and there was about 4-5 inches on top near the roads. We went for a hike and we hit some areas that were as deep as 12" but that was the worst of it.

This, of course, was before the storms rolled through on Sat evening and all day Sun. Probably more now.

We did see some fresh Elk sign in the snow!

I am sure they are still up there. The trick is finding them.

i was up there on saturday and i walked through about 2 feet of snow in some areas, no snow in others, then on my way out of there it snowed about 2 inches up on top. there is quite alot of snow. i didn't see any elk(i have a cow elk tag) buti found alot of sign...if you find a cow, let me know. i want some meat for the freezer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom