Manti burning up...severe fire watch

Dominantbuck

Got a bow elk tag but the Manti is burning up...was just going to head out that way from Wisconsin now...with the whole area under severe drought and large areas closed, any chance you can get a tag and point refund? Guess I'll call Monday...but nervous about making the trip with all that going on...what do you think?

The entire Manti unit isn't on fire. It's a big unit others are hunting. Sure it's dryer then it has been but there is still water and green grass growing.

I would hunt, Fire will be moving those elk & deer to area's, they aren't use to so they will be looking for new bedding area's and feed area's.
Key is moving animals are easier to see than one that have a routine down.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

The fires are pretty much out. Just hunt the edges of the burn and you will find elk. Or, hunt the other millions of acres that didn't burn at all.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-18 AT 12:52PM (MST)[p]Suck it up and go hunt! It isn't as if all the wildlife is running straight into the fire and sacrificing themselves.

On second thought, stay home and watch the Packers.

Hey...thanks for the great feedback...guess I just got a little freaked out/bummed when I saw the area I scouted was all closed off...I know its a big area, guess I'll just have to wing it farther south...not used the whole fire thing here in the midwest...guess my post is a little wimpy sounding...LOL...hope the fire thing settles down for the next couple weeks...

Hunted it for 40 years, I've never seen it that dry.

But its not close to all on fire.

In fact I believe BLM just lifted fire restrictions

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom