lyme Disease

SnowsNBlues

This may sound like a dumb question, but are ticks the only way you can get Lyme Disease and what is the treatment for it?
It sounds like it is difficult to treat. I have noticed ticks on every deer I have ever gotten. They are loaded with ticks, especially around the head. I have had some people tell me that they are not ticks at all but some other kind of tick. They give me the heebie jeebies! I hate them!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-16 AT 08:46PM (MST)[p]There are hundreds of varieties of ticks, and only a few that cause us health issues. Not all ticks attatched to deer are "deer ticks".Deer ticks of course are the carriers of lyme disease. They are a very small tick. Growing up in Minnesota I pulled a few hundred ticks off me thru the summers without issue. Had a friend in high school contract Lyme disease, she completely recovered with no lingering side effects with simple antibiotic treatment. Others aren't so lucky, with some having a great deal of pain the rest of their lives and a lifetime of taking pain meds.

DW,
Thank you for the info. It's hard to believe that such a small bug can cause so much pain and problems. It makes you wonder what their purpose even is, among a lot of other things.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-16 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]Lyme can be treated easily if caught early. If you get the bullseye, a quick visit to the doc and your golden. The tricky part is when you don't get that initial infection.

I grew up in Maryland and we usually had ticks on us after spending time in the woods. I had a few bury their heads under my skin, but never had adverse effects. My sister on the other hand isn't so lucky. She's been fighting Lyme for 15+ years, and it ain't pretty. The issue with these little critters is that Lyme is disguised because it causes so many other illnesses so it goes undiagnosed.

Thoroughly check yourselves and kids after spending time in wooded and tall grassed areas!

If you want to check out a documentary on the subject watch: "under our skin"

So this is what we do....carry a 1/2 can of Raid bug spray in our backpack....after a kill spray the entire animal then back off about 20 minutes....all the flees and ticks will be dead or jumped off the animal......good luck....?

))))------->

Tick spray to treat cloths: Sawyer Products, Permethrin, 24oz spray bottle treats 4 sets of cloths, Amazon Prime.....follow directions never apply to skin must be dry on cloths prior to wearing garments....

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom