Looking for meat packers near Ely, NV

vladkgb

Hey all, I drew a 231 archery bull tag, will most likely be solo, taking all season, August 25-Sept 16th, and wanted to find some good people who would be willing to be on speed dial to help me haul out meat. PM me if you're interested. Also does anyone know if there are outfitters that offer this service? Thanks!

Hey all, I drew a 231 archery bull tag, will most likely be solo, taking all season, August 25-Sept 16th, and wanted to find some good people who would be willing to be on speed dial to help me haul out meat. PM me if you're interested. Also does anyone know if there are outfitters that offer this service? Thanks!
Congrats on the tag. I'd help haul meat but I don't have a cell phone.

Never met you before, and for all I know based on your handle, you might be the President of Russia, but heck yeah, I will drop everything, including my own hunts, my job, my family and all my other responsibilities to help you. Why don't you send me your cell phone # first and I will text you all my info? :ROFLMAO:

Could have been worded a bit differently and of course this being your first post does not help your cause much either, oh and no reply for 9 days. The last 10 days or so that will be a great hunt. Good luck, and you might get a taker that has nothing going on and wants to help and might even a be a decent caller. If I was close, retired, had no tag at that time and could stop trout fishing.. Well those will not happen in that combination but anyway - Does not hurt to ask.

Most of the area you'll be hunting elk in 231 is a 2+ hour drive from Ely towing horses/mules. I'd call the couple of outfitters in the Pioche and Caliente area and see if they can give you some leads. Maybe you can find a young (16-20 y/o) cowboy in that area that would drive up at a moments notice to pack out your meat. The one issue you're going to have is if you don't have a satellite phone you'll have to hike out to your truck and then drive to get service and then wait for the packer to get to you. That could be a 6 hour delay. I'd start processing the elk the best you can while you're waiting!

Most of the area you'll be hunting elk in 231 is a 2+ hour drive from Ely towing horses/mules. I'd call the couple of outfitters in the Pioche and Caliente area and see if they can give you some leads. Maybe you can find a young (16-20 y/o) cowboy in that area that would drive up at a moments notice to pack out your meat. The one issue you're going to have is if you don't have a satellite phone you'll have to hike out to your truck and then drive to get service and then wait for the packer to get to you. That could be a 6 hour delay. I'd start processing the elk the best you can while you're waiting!
On your scouting trips, I'd put up an ad at the local feed stores. Someone will be willing to take some extra cash.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom