Little Colorado Help 2019 Units 52,411,521

Mooretitan

I have not been to Colorado since high school roughly 20 years ago. As my grandpa got older and I went away to college our family hunt seemed to disappear. Now that I have kids who are ready to hunt I am trying to get the family back to Colorado. We had a pretty successful unit we hunted and I am hoping to get back there and see what 20 years has done to it. Its an OTC elk unit and a 0-1 point deer unit so its worth the try to see if it still can produce. If not I am not out much.

Anyways I am looking at what season to try. We usually hunted the 2nd season but I am looking into Archery or Muzzleloader. Not real familiar with these hunt dates for Colorado. How is the deer hunting in September??? It will take a couple points which I have and the pressure would be less I am guessing. Not sure how many OTC people hit up the archery season in our unit.

If I could fit this hunt in during September it would leave our Idaho deer hunt in place for October. Really wanting to get back Colorado and share my old memories with my kids.

Thanks for any input. I can only do one out of state hunt a month with my job. So hoping September Colorado Deer/Elk combo will be something that can get the family together again.

I plan on calling the bio/warden after the season to get more info.

Thanks again.

You should look at first rifle for elk. Draw only even in OTC areas.

Yes, you can carry both weapons at the some time if you have both tags.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

The first week is great for archery deer, the last week best for archery elk. Hard to do both in the unit I hunt as the deer and elk are not often found in the same area. It will be a great family experience whatever you do.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom