liberty bows

ce61

has anyone shot a liberty bow??? the little 20" axle to axle job.look up liberty archery if you don't know what i'm talking about. wonder how they shoot compared to a regular size bow???ce61

Not new, they have been arround for at least two years now. I have shot it a couple of times. I have a friend who has one. I'm not impressed; Depending on where your peep sits it will hit the wheel. Plus the size of the peep needs to be very large if your going to size up your sight which causes alot of drag. They have a bad torque problem if you open your hand up. They don't tune well and if your arrows are more than 20" they catch on everything while hunting. It's pretty loud as well. Don't waste your money.

so no one else has shot or seen one???? DBLung how could you shoot a 20" arrow out of any bow,with say a 29" draw??? ce61

>so no one else has shot
>or seen one???? DBLung how
>could you shoot a 20"
>arrow out of any bow,with
>say a 29" draw???
>ce61

That is his point is you put a quiver of arrow on it your arrows are 7-10 inches longer than the bow and cause major issues in the field. I have never shot one but they go against all qualities that make a forgiving good shooting bow. I guess if you don't want to shoot past 20 yds they will probably be okay

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

National guard archery staff shooter

didn't people say the same thing when all the bows used to be 40" long, that those short 30" bows won't shoot and now look at all the bows around 30". i still might try one, they have a trial period of 15 or 30 days and if you don't like it you can send it back less about 20 bucks and postage, does any one else do that??? the one thing i don't like is how far the peep is away from your eye.

if you carried your quiver on your pack you would be carrying a 3 lb. bow and 20 inches long. ce61

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-09 AT 06:53PM (MST)[p]ce61
I use a quiver on my pack and I shoot a DXT 29" axle to axle. 95% or so of the bowhunter population uses a quiver on their bow. Forgivness is overated, I have a 100 yd pin on my 29" bow and can shoot a pretty good pattern at that distance. The big difference is tune-ability, the liberty bow is not built to be a very accurrate bow. Shoot it and you will see.
Do you work for a company that sells them or something?
It seems you are advertising them a little. I'm fine with that I think everyone advertises in a way.

dblung no i don't work for, own or know anybody that has one. i have been shooting a mathews sq2 since they came out in 00 or 01, which is a pretty short bow,31 1/2 axle to axle.
i thought some of the guys on here might have shot one and could tell me what they thought. i suppose if they sell them from just the manufacturer, the only way to get someone to buy it is to have that buy and try deal. if i buy another mathews i can go down to the archery shop and try one.
great that you can shoot a good pattern at 100 yards.... ce61

Wow! you ask for advice/opinion about a bow, then you get your panties in a bunch because you don't like the replies. You've had two people try to explain there thoughts and you trash them with irrelivant crap about 20" arrows and 40" bows. If you are not advertising them why fight with anyone who replies for you. Sorry you were not able to understand my last post, if you thought harder you would notice that I was agreeing with you. There is no argument for forgiveness in a hunting bow anymore. As far as I'm concerned with the technology that is available today, short light bows are the answer. (For Hunting)
I will however say that its clear how sweet the liberty bow is when very few shops carry them and even fewer sell them. If you have to send for it and pay $20 to send it back rather than go to a shop shoot it for free, plus get expert advice on it, then don't you think it's saying something about how sweet it is'nt.

i am not trying to fight with anyone. please quote me on what i said to make you think that. i did not trash anyone. ce61

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom