Leupold long range retical question

N

nevadanative

Hi guys/gals I just purchased my first one 3x9x40mm, and leupold is closed, mine has three small triangles on the power selector ring what are they for, the little booklet doesn't cover the triangles for this scope. From what I have read I understand how it works and understand the caliber chart, sight in for 200 and at full 9 power first dot 300 second 400 and top of post 500. I will be using it on a 300 win mag pushing pills at close to 3000 give or take 100 fps, this issue may have been brought up but I couldn't find it, I was kinda hoping one of you that read this has done a lot of the homework so I can't just get to shooting and not have to muddle my way through the process this weekend. I hope I don't sound lazy I just want to get to shooting. Thanks guys!

It's my understanding was that there are a 2 or 3 groups to choose from depending on your caliber/bullet/FPS. Your gun would fall in to a small diamond or the large diamond group. Keep the scope set at the particular (small or large) diamond for your set up. Look closell at your scope, the diamonds should be different sizes?
I have 2 rifles with the B&C reticle mounted them(but I had CDS dials installed on them last spring). I have a 300 Win mag, that I have played with it doing a 200 and 300 yard zero. I would try the 300 yard zero, if your at all interested in stretching out to 600. You wont be as far off as you might think. When I zeroed at 200, I was consistanly 2 inches high on 300-400-450-500 yard targets. When I zeroed to 300, everything fell about 2 inches low. I opted at the time for the 300 yard zero. Let me know how she shoots!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom