Leftover luck.

I was able to login and not have to wait on the little guy. I tried for 2 elk tags at exactly 9am and they both were sold out. Truly don't know how 15 people were faster than I was, but such is my luck on that tag scramble.

How about $hit luck like the draws !!!!! and what a waste of my time.
Liked when we stood in line at the DOW , had a number , chewed the cud with fellow hunters and it was hard to cheat.

Such a scam.

Waterfowl, fishing and golf for me.

Out of curiosity, did you go through a web browser on your own or were you in line at a license agent or on the phone with CPW?

Helped a friend get his bull tag- was sure we got knocked out of the queue. However at 9am the options surfaced and we got his tag so he can join me.

Had this marked on my calendar and layed out all needed information the night before. And guess what, woke up and got busy on a few things. When I remembered I was an hour late. Next week I am setting my alarm.

1723035710288.png

A couple buddies and myself were all "in line" to log in. I got logged in first around 8:50 MTN and started the process at 9 on the dot. I got 1 out of the 26 available but by 9:05 the rest were gone. Luckily, the day before we all agreed that no matter how many tags we got, we were all (3) going.

I’m impressed people actually pulled some tags. It was a lot quieter this year it’s seemed.
One thing I noticed is the two hunting forums I am active on, I saw 0 threads about leftover until day of… also I only got 1 email from go hunt detailing the leftover day… like guys I get you want to sell gear, but blasting this info makes it harder on all of us. I’m old enough to remember how easy it was to get tags when they were randomly released and the entire hunting world wasn’t tuned in.

One thing I noticed is the two hunting forums I am active on, I saw 0 threads about leftover until day of… also I only got 1 email from go hunt detailing the leftover day… like guys I get you want to sell gear, but blasting this info makes it harder on all of us. I’m old enough to remember how easy it was to get tags when they were randomly released and the entire hunting world wasn’t tuned in.
I loved the random release they did for awhile there.

This seems off to me. A unit I applied for deer 2nd rifle I did not draw. Its a 2pt tag, I only had one point so meh. But, somehow there were 6 left in the secondary draw and then those were drawn before I got one. Then there were 6 again left in the leftover list after that and all 6 went within a minute. Just seems off. Its almost like they hold some tags back to entice people into paying to apply for them again and then say nope, you ain't getting it, then put it out for leftover to get them sold.

This seems off to me. A unit I applied for deer 2nd rifle I did not draw. Its a 2pt tag, I only had one point so meh. But, somehow there were 6 left in the secondary draw and then those were drawn before I got one. Then there were 6 again left in the leftover list after that and all 6 went within a minute. Just seems off. Its almost like they hold some tags back to entice people into paying to apply for them again and then say nope, you ain't getting it, then put it out for leftover to get them sold.
Ya gotta read the regs. It's all explained clearly

This seems off to me. A unit I applied for deer 2nd rifle I did not draw. It’s a 2pt tag, I only had one point so meh. But, somehow there were 6 left in the secondary draw and then those were drawn before I got one. Then there were 6 again left in the leftover list after that and all 6 went within a minute. Just seems off. It’s almost like they hold some tags back to entice people into paying to apply for them again and then say nope, you ain't getting it, then put it out for leftover to get them sold.
Tags are either not paid for or turned back in. Like mentioned above, it’s all in the regs

No conspiracy here. Just the method that they use. It's good to familiarize yourself with the system. It results in more tags.

I based it all on hear say, and what CPW said in the July meeting. Also know of at least two people that use their program for people for cash. Just putting the pieces together. I think with technology today, to think it is not being used to get a high degree of the tags would be a little naive. Not saying a few don’t slip through and yes, there is still a chance. Just my opinion based on my information and what I believe, I could be wrong and actually hope for everyone’s sake I am. shouldn’t have stated it as fact, apologize.

I based it all on hear say, and what CPW said in the July meeting. Also know of at least two people that use their program for people for cash. Just putting the pieces together. I think with technology today, to think it is not being used to get a high degree of the tags would be a little naive. Not saying a few don’t slip through and yes, there is still a chance. Just my opinion based on my information and what I believe, I could be wrong and actually hope for everyone’s sake I am. shouldn’t have stated it as fact, apologize.
I bet it’s these systems will start popping off more regularly. There is a huge demand and if it’s tried what has been said huge money. Maybe cpw will kill it somehow but I doubt it.

I bet it’s these systems will start popping off more regularly. There is a huge demand and if it’s tried what has been said huge money. Maybe cpw will kill it somehow but I doubt it.
I’m happy they resell leftovers, yet they could kill it quick if they did a few things, 1 being going to next in line, 2, restricting leftovers only to people who originally applied, ie you have 4 choices so if it’s not one of those tags you can’t get it left over

I’d be totally good with giving up my points for a leftover tag. I bet it would sift out a large amount of people.
It would definitely make a guy think twice about a specific tag if points were used. Now there is 0 investment so why not. I am in agreement for taking points away for leftover/ re-issue tags. I’ve been able to work the system and score some tags and build points, but this is only increasing point creep for everybody IMO.

The reissue process has good to me. I’ve got tags for myself and others that equate to hundred of years of preference points (literally hundreds).
That said the CPW should burn points if you get a tag. I purposely accumulated deer points to try a unit, while getting tags every year for units I knew.
I really enjoy the process and want to see it stay but there should be some skin in the game.

Last night I scoped out 4 tags in 4 different units on the leftover/reissues list. Today at 10:55 AM all 4 tags are gone. Guess there must have been an early bird special...

Were they all added right at 11? I was one minute late at 11:01 and didn’t get any add to cart messages despite there being several tags available for a 0 point elk tag. I had fast internet as well and could refresh several times a second.

Man, since it went from random, to this organized release, I've yet to pull a tag. Had one yesterday that looked like I had, then shortly after it said "no tags left" or something along those lines.

Maybe a PM would be better, but are the guys that are getting the "so so" tags waiting until the 11am mark to go past the resident/nonresident page?

I was hitting refresh on the list and as soon as it cleared, I figured they were all pushed over but still nada.

Anyways, better than the trash, but not as good as it used to be.

… but are the guys that are getting the "so so" tags waiting until the 11am mark to go past the resident/nonresident page?
Where did we all get this “wait until 11am to move past residency page”?

Was it ever true?

Sure seems like anyone that followed that rule on 8/14/23 missed out on the entire process.

What a waste of time **** show CPW has created.

Where did we all get this “wait until 11am to move past residency page”?

Was it ever true?

Sure seems like anyone that followed that rule on 8/14/23 missed out on the entire process.

What a waste of time **** show CPW has created.
No reason to try in the future

Man, since it went from random, to this organized release, I've yet to pull a tag. Had one yesterday that looked like I had, then shortly after it said "no tags left" or something along those lines.

Maybe a PM would be better, but are the guys that are getting the "so so" tags waiting until the 11am mark to go past the resident/nonresident page?

I was hitting refresh on the list and as soon as it cleared, I figured they were all pushed over but still nada.

Anyways, better than the trash, but not as good as it used to be.
Waiting at the residency page is only needed on the first leftover/reissue day where they also do the que. If your still doing that on reissue day you have a 0% of getting a tag

Waiting at the residency page is only needed on the first leftover/reissue day where they also do the que. If your still doing that on reissue day you have a 0% of getting a tag
First you won’t take my generous offer of mud wrassling Cohunter1989 for your entertainment for a low point tag, and now you give away all the secrets?! You are killing me Orion

I agree! I'm so sick and tired of seeing a tag that I was willing to burn my points on go on the leftover list. I think you should lose your points too if you take the tag.
Marley, I know you got kids like many of us here.. Lets say your boy has been saving his points for 12 years and finally draws. 2 weeks before season he gets in a car wreck, has a medical emergency, or some life changing event out of his control and can not make the hunt. You want your boy to loose all his points and eat the tag?
While I do think the guidelines need tightened up a little, I think there should still be some exceptions.

Marley, I know you got kids like many of us here.. Lets say your boy has been saving his points for 12 years and finally draws. 2 weeks before season he gets in a car wreck, has a medical emergency, or some life changing event out of his control and can not make the hunt. You want your boy to loose all his points and eat the tag?
While I do think the guidelines need tightened up a little, I think there should still be some exceptions.
medical reasons are totally different than guys just turning their tag in because the weather pattern isn’t perfect, their wife won’t let them go hunt, they scouted and didn’t see the buck they wanted, etc etc. They should do like Wyoming and be very strict on why you can turn a tag in.
Kind of like a member on here who turned his tag in because the stars didn’t align or some stupid BS reason

medical reasons are totally different than guys just turning their tag in because the weather pattern isn’t perfect, their wife won’t let them go hunt, they scouted and didn’t see the buck they wanted, etc etc. They should do like Wyoming and be very strict on why you can turn a tag in.
Kind of like a member on here who turned his tag in because the stars didn’t align or some stupid BS reason

I agree 100%.

Jerry? Lmmfao

Agreed but….. if you draw the tag you shouldn’t be able to return it “just because” and you should have to show in print why you have to turn it back in or it costs you your points.
If it cost your points you would not turn it back in, so I am ok the way it is. Once it goes to next in line it will be an even trade.

Just looked at the list. Not much and nothing I am interested in. Even though I really only want a couple of tag areas this year. Might need to research areas available.

Just looked at the list. Not much and nothing I am interested in. Even though I really only want a couple of tag areas this year. Might need to research areas available.

It’s all mucked up, on the computer it has a different list than on the cell phone.
Is this for the reissue or the leftover?

I don't remember them just randomly skipping reissue weeks in the past, seems odd.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom