Late Rifle Bull Unit 9

K

Kaffer62

4 of us drew unit 9 bull tags! So excited to be elk hunting! This will.be my brothers and cousins first elk hunt!

Good job man. You have an exciting hunt coming up. How many points did it take you guys to draw if you don't mind me asking? Resident or Non?

}}-SLIVER-->

Me and my dad had 5 points each. My brother had 2 and my cousin had 1. We all put in on the same application. We are all residents.

Wow!!! That's awesome! You guys playing the powerball anytime soon??lol we'll Goodluck to all. Hope come November we can see some pics

That's a tough hunt, completely different than early rut hunts on that unit.

A friend of mine drew it a couple years back & hunted with a top outfitter & was skunked.

Isn't that the truth. I have hunted and helped out in that unit for several years. The last time I had this tag, it was extremely dry and only ended up seeing 4 bulls. Shot a small one 2ND to the last day. I shot a big bull on the late rifle hunt in '03.

My '03 bull. Late rifle unit 9

9934elk.jpg

1908elk2.jpg

Love that unit. A bit tough to see bulls that time of year but they are there, just have to find them.

Good luck to all of you.

You had better pray for one of two weather extremes...

Either hot and dry or snow on the ground. Hot and dry and they'll be hitting tanks. Snow, you can track them. Cool and wet and it's a very tough hunt.

Look for places where you can glass. That's often a key to success in that unit on the late hunt, and if you've been there you already know that most of the unit is not conducive to long range glassing. The hunt typically gets a lot tougher after the first couple days.

All that said, there are some great bulls in that unit.

Tough hunt. Not many places to glass and the good spots will have guys on them hours before light. Don't be to picky.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom