Laramie Peak

W

WyomingMan

Has anyone been to the Laramie Peak area in the last few weeks? I am going to head up this weekend and probably the Fri-Sun after Thanksgiving to give it one last shot before the any elk season closes. I seen many smaller bulls opening week but did not take a shot and have not been back since.

Any recent reports would be appreciated. Are they hearded up and down low or still spread out???
GO POKES!

WyomingMan would you be willing to give me just a little general area info for that area. Basically about deeded land in the area, maybe drinking water and the G&F WHMA there??

I'm hunting outside of Wheatland area, and I'm a little frustrated with the hunt so far. I was out last weekend a came across a herd of about 150, a few rag horns and some spikes which is typical for this time of year. I left them alone and went searching every canyon around looking for those isolated big boys. All I found were ruttin mule deer. I know they are around, but where? What is really got me bothered is that during the week of Sept 17 through 24 I was bow hunting the area and saw numerous 6 points and a couple in the 350 range. Never could get a good shot though. I don't know where they went though, they are sure not in the area now.

Let me know how your luck is going?

thanks,
Trevor

I was up with a buddy who had a tag and he hunted on the North side near the Cow Creek Mnts. We saw a couple smaller bulls the first day and several cows usually in groups of 8-10. A few spikes and one other small bull the last day but didn't have anything close to a shot. A more knowledgeable hunter we know that hunts there said the big boys move north towards Wagonhound. We were'nt too familiar with there since this was only our 2nd trip and won't get back this weekend. Good luck to you!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom