Just sayin...

DW, were you just about to find a cure for cancer? Or discover the meaning of life? Or make a killing off an investment? I think since it's 8:30 on Friday night and you're sitting on your computer looking at MM those 2 1/2 minutes won't make a difference. ;-)

NVBighorn & DW, Yes the song struck a "Cord" with me.

I do NOT wish to make anyone upset so I'll write it softly.

For most of my life I thought I had a basic understanding of Politics and Voting. However, a time came when I became serious and walked door to door with paperwork to Register Voters. I walked 100's of Blocks and guess what I learned...? Conservatives would NOT sign up to become a local Registered Voters.

I can say that unless an Individual "has" done such, it is near impossible to sadly relate to that above song, having in mind, getting conservatives registered and then, to Vote. The Registrar of Voters has a list of every address and the past history % of that/those Household members casting Votes in all prior Elections.

If you want to be happy, waist time but never look at that Registrar of Voters Record Sheets.

Thank You for making me, remember misery.....

I just had the same experience Jager.

I offered to assist register voters for a conservative/Republican gentleman, for a local County Commission position. There were no Democrats running for the office. This was not a request for their vote, but just get registered, so they could vote for anyone of the candidates. Nope, no interest, most have never registered and many have never voted, for any election.

It's left a very empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

DC

You Sir, have the experience. It is so frustrating. It was such a shock to me and like you, I have that bad feeling. I do not know how to say to friends: "Stop Complaining"....get up and toss your Hat in the Ring. I even said if they know who they will be Voting for (if they were to vote) then call the Candidates Office and Volunteer to help OR; Run for the Office yourself. They will say "It's no use" or "They don't have the temperament" or:_______ ...

During the same time I explained above, I had to go to DMV to Register a vehicle. Every employee had their Purple Union T-Shirts draped over their chair and on election day I saw them pull up to a voting station in Van's and unloading Voters who needed a ride. This may sound odd but I respected their organizational skills. Many folks could learn from such and get involved.

The song above: "You picked a fine time to be a dumb ass" sure struck Home.

Thank You 2lumpy, I thought I was alone in my experience.

Jagerdad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom