Is this a taker bull? Or do you pass?

Maybe a little hesitant, but I'm sending one on the way. Probably had hoped for a little better, but a good bull.

A bull to make memories with and down to last three days knowing you would take him in another day or two.

Pulling the trigger and not looking back.

I am not sure the one in the back deserves a better look. The front one is nice, but I feel that any year I might find one like that on an easier to get tag. Of course I had tag soup last year after I cashed in my 24 resident points on archery elk in CO...

Getting pretty close to the end. Hard to say, if I had not been seeing much probably would end it. Late hunt, not broken up, neat 7th.

3 days left he's absolutely dying. I would be tempted to shoot on day 1, but that would depend on how the scouting went. Size matters a little less when they are that pretty.

Maybe I can maneuver into a better shooting position and get them both with one shot! Never done that before. LOL

Zeke

If I had limited to no scouting before hand and hadn’t see anything better than him I’d probably send it. He’s a solid bull, only real weakness is short MB’s.

I agree with above. The main beams aren't long and no REAL big points (specially fronts). But a VERY nice 6x7. I have tasted tag soup on a couple of great hunts, and that bull would taste better.

Yes it would be a nice one. The one on the back is a little bigher. The shape and form is good. You might not not get another shot. If this was the first day i would pass

Let's say it's a late hunt on one of the better units in Utah....it took you 15 years to get the tag. You've got only 3 days left in the hunt when you turn up these bulls. Are you sending a bullet, or backing off and continuing your search?

It appears from your photo that you are very successful at your task as am I, but to clarify I never Hunted Utah, but I do hunt right across the border from vernal Utah near Rangely Colorado. Annually, sometimes 2 or 3 different seasons. But That elk dies immediately... over..period.... Very few times over the years do I get a chance to just observe elk for a period of time they're there and gone and you have to make quick decisions always being safe and harvest your animal. Well thats me. Happy hunting

My dad should have a late tag this year, if we see that bull on day one he is getting shot. That is a stud in my opinion. Solid 340 class bull and better than probably 80% of all elk killed on all the LE hunts in the state.

Only thing that would change my mind is if we had found a bigger bull scouting and feel fairly confident we will turn him up.

last year I shot smaller bull,,,, so yah I'd send it with no hesitation, if you have to think about it its probable to small. just saying

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom