Is the King back?

SureShot

Very Active Member
Just saw a video of a nice buck from this year that is supposedly the King? It has a notched ear like the King and is big and old, but looks like he has regressed if it is the same buck.

1701979383023.png

Nevermind. Looks like click bait. In the comments, the poster admits it's not the same buck.

I like Matt's videos. Pretty authentic guy on the mountain I think. Stud buck, but as has been mentioned, its not THAT King...

I like Matt's videos. Pretty authentic guy on the mountain I think. Stud buck, but as has been mentioned, its not THAT King...
Well, if I remember right, he’ll sell you his secrets to success via personal phone call. The dude has killed some great bucks over the years but I think social media helped pull the trigger on a couple 140 bucks this year. Everyone needs a few “likes” I suppose.

Well, if I remember right, he’ll sell you his secrets to success via personal phone call. The dude has killed some great bucks over the years but I think social media helped pull the trigger on a couple 140 bucks this year. Everyone needs a few “likes” I suppose.
That's what I hate about social media got to kill anything

There's been a bunch of "KING is BACK" videos of bucks that are absolutely NOT the King. Click bait, or dumb people that think any big buck is now "The KING".

It's Cool seeing any nice bucks that survived the WY winter last year, but can we please stop calling them all "KING"?

After looking over his sheds from the last 3 years I would say probably 7. That first set was just too big for him to have only been a 3 year old at the time, but not unheard of.

Is what was crazy was his dropper on the first year set was just a little bump, crazy what it turned into the next year.
Definitely makes sense. I could agree with it.

Saw a 240 buck get lab aged at 5. Makes a guy wonder how big of a genetic freaks those monster bucks are.

Makes you wonder how accurate the labs are too I've heard stories of guys sending 2 teeth in off the same animal and getting 2 very different ages
I would say it’s fairly accurate and would question guys who said they sent off two and received different ages. But like everything I’m sure there is a % of error.

Makes you wonder how accurate the labs are too I've heard stories of guys sending 2 teeth in off the same animal and getting 2 very different ages
They claim that they are accurate on a population level but not on an individual level, meaning that if you age 100 deer your going to get good data on average but there are going to be some outliers so if you have one deer that you absolutely need to know the age of you can’t take it as gospel. A good friend of mine has all the deer and elk aged off their ranch and they get one now and then that they have plenty of history with (sheds etc) and it’ll come back as 2.5 yrs old or vice versa. The actual mechanics of what they are doing when they cut and dye those teeth doesn’t take into account trauma or injury to the teeth so it’s gonna have some total outliers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom