Is It Over

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
Time for Dandy Don to sing "Turn Out the Lights"? Is seems like charges did not accumulate over the day judging by posting. Mate they do a computerized instantaneous dump now rather than manual charges that take days as in the past? There should be fewer bad charges with the update card feature.

I believe all charges are made on the first day but vary by financial institution when they appear on our accounts.

In rare instances, some people get a "hit" 5-10 days later and this is due to people being rejected and G&F couldn't either get hold of them after 3 attempts or the people still did not have an accepted method of payment. G&F then charges the next person in line.

I have always been charged on the first day. Sometimes I had to call my credit union and see if I have any charges pending and they were able to say yes or no.

I've always wanted to know what percentage of hunters cards are rejected and then what percentage of them are not able to make good on their funds. I'm guessing 2 or 3 percent are rejected 10-20% of them fail to pay for tag. This is just my opinion.

Good Luck

This may be a stretch, but I'm thinking they ran just the first round. In searching several forums, it seems as though most people that got hit had put in for the harder to draw 13a 13b 12 late type tags. Not everyone...but it does seem like the majority were those higher demand tags. I would think there would be many MANY more people reporting hits that had put in for a high demand tag, and then an easier second choice. Those would have comments like..."got hit, but I'll have to see what for?"
Could be wishful thinking on my part too, because I have several friends that have not been hit. Adding to this is the fact that another friend called and was told they would be running cards into next week. Hopefully Monday sees another round of hits!

Hopefully... But I can't see why they would break up the charging by rounds. A failed charge could mean the next in line could move up to a first choice from a second, a third choice to a first or second.... Someone else moving into the vacated spot... A lot of resorting. Just hit them all and start calling seems to make the most sense. If you get a fails charge that isn't covered and have to do the same for the next in line, it could be a real pain. That's why it might take a couple of weeks to post from the initial charging.

I know lots of guys that put in for 90 to 100 % tags and got charged first day,that throws that out the window.I only put myself and my son for 13 &12 and we got one hit for 45.I wanted a 300 hit for a sheep tag,but any tag north of the ditch is great!!!!

>I know lots of guys that
>put in for 90 to
>100 % tags and got
>charged first day,that throws that
>out the window.I only put
>myself and my son for
>13 &12 and we got
>one hit for 45.I wanted
>a 300 hit for a
>sheep tag,but any tag north
>of the ditch is great!!!!
>
Ya dang BUZKILL...LOL!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom