Iowa Email.

Congrats to all that drew ! South should be fine but boy east along the river is lacking a whole bunch of deer ……. Alamakee / Clayton counties are looking pretty tough.

I will be hunting Des Moine County. So, you are saying I should be OK?
I guess I am late to the party. What has caused the lack of deer in the northeast counties?
Ehd in the northeast. I’ve got a bunch of friends that have ground over there that I hunt with. Last fall we didn’t see much for deer at all. Usually at the very least see a lot of does and mid size bucks. Did find some dead. Started asking around locally and Ehd is the answer we got. Southern counties look good from what I’ve seen and heard so far.

IMG_5452.jpeg
I did also hear from others some spots were terrible, some weren’t as bad. We hunt just north of Guttenberg, not pretty…..

Ehd in the northeast. I’ve got a bunch of friends that have ground over there that I hunt with. Last fall we didn’t see much for deer at all. Usually at the very least see a lot of does and mid size bucks. Did find some dead. Started asking around locally and Ehd is the answer we got. Southern counties look good from what I’ve seen and heard so far.
Thanks for the reply. Seems like that EHD and CWD are everywhere these days.
I think the biggest threat to the deer where we hunt in SE Iowa are the Amish. LOL
Last December we were ''Party Hunting" the 2nd gun season with my buddy at his farm. We could hear the Amish blasting away all day with their deer drives. My buddy said a lot of Amish have moved in and bought up some farms in his area.
I jokingly warned him...''there goes your deer herd''.
(Well, I was only half joking)

Thanks for the reply. Seems like that EHD and CWD are everywhere these days.
I think the biggest threat to the deer where we hunt in SE Iowa are the Amish. LOL
Last December we were ''Party Hunting" the 2nd gun season with my buddy at his farm. We could hear the Amish blasting away all day with their deer drives. My buddy said a lot of Amish have moved in and bought up some farms in his area.
I jokingly warned him...''there goes your deer herd''.
(Well, I was only half joking)
I’m glad I don’t have and any Amish near me anymore.

That is one group of people right there that would literally kill every last deer that they saw.

Most people will never understand the impact they have until they experience it first hand.

I’m glad I don’t have and any Amish near me anymore.

That is one group of people right there that would literally kill every last deer that they saw.

Most people will never understand the impact they have until they experience it first hand.
You are correct. A lot of my work is in south central Pennsylvania Amish country. I have spoken to guys who live and hunt in that area who have firsthand experience. They say trespassing during deer drives can be a big problem. Often times posted property signs are disregarded.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom