Introduction from Green Bay WI

aedude006

Hello, my name is Garrick and I am a land surveyor and small engine mechanic from Green Bay WI. I've been a hunter all my life. I apply for preference points, bonus points, and lottery tags every year for at least deer and elk in almost every state possible. I have 2 girls (2 and 4) that have also started accumulating some points. I can't wait to share hunts and time in the woods and mountains with them as I did growing up with my dad. I have a profound appreciation for those out there that have shared their lifetime of knowledge of hunting to ease our learning curve and help us better enjoy our time pursuing game.

This year I drew my first tag for mule deer also being my fist tag in Idaho (unit 44). I am very much looking forward to learning something new on this adventure! Last year will be a tough year to beat. My wife shot her first bear and I shot my best whitetail in northern WI and best elk in CO (all on public).

Good luck to everyone in 2024!

20231016_104826.jpg

20231118_094337.jpg
20231118_131629.jpg

Hello, my name is Garrick and I am a land surveyor and small engine mechanic from Green Bay WI. I've been a hunter all my life. I apply for preference points, bonus points, and lottery tags every year for at least deer and elk in almost every state possible. I have 2 girls (2 and 4) that have also started accumulating some points. I can't wait to share hunts and time in the woods and mountains with them as I did growing up with my dad. I have a profound appreciation for those out there that have shared their lifetime of knowledge of hunting to ease our learning curve and help us better enjoy our time pursuing game.

This year I drew my first tag for mule deer also being my fist tag in Idaho (unit 44). I am very much looking forward to learning something new on this adventure! Last year will be a tough year to beat. My wife shot her first bear and I shot my best whitetail in northern WI and best elk in CO (all on public).

Good luck to everyone in 2024!

View attachment 149738

View attachment 149739View attachment 149741
Welcome. That is a pig of a WT!

Nice animals! Welcome, what states can a 2-4 year old get points in? I have a little one and I should get on if she wants to hunt I guess

Nice animals! Welcome, what states can a 2-4 year old get points in? I have a little one and I should get on if she wants to hunt I guess
I don’t know the OP’s response or states that can do what he says, but I do know that I’m already accumulating points for my grandkids indirectly in Utah because of the mentoring program. When they turn 12, they’ll have nice antlerless opportunities from me and/or their uncles and aunts.

I don’t know the OP’s response or states that can do what he says, but I do know that I’m already accumulating points for my grandkids indirectly in Utah because of the mentoring program. When they turn 12, they’ll have nice antlerless opportunities from me and/or their uncles and aunts.
That’s a good idea, yeah I’m genuinely interested, with two little tots running around, I just didn’t know you could put in for kids until they were legally allowed to hunt, at least in Co and some of the other western states

Nice bull and buck! Congratulations and welcome aboard.

Hoping you read the fine print when you created your MM account. In case you didn't, it says all new members must post GPS coordinates of their kills. :D :D There are a lot of us on here awaiting the coordinates for that WT!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom