Impressive Cooler

Blank

Long Time Member
Daughter-in-law butchered several steers, and this new Grizzly 450 cooler will hold one and a half of them. It kept the meat frozen for 10 days on the way down to Calif.

IMG_7323.jpeg

I’ve started to just buy little chest freezers. They’re cheaper, lighter, and will stay cold for 15 years. I take one on every trip now.
I’ve been thinking about doing this myself. Do you freeze large chunks of meat, thaw it for cut/grind/wrap, and then refreeze? Do you freeze quarter with bone in?

I’ve been thinking about doing this myself. Do you freeze large chunks of meat, thaw it for cut/grind/wrap, and then refreeze? Do you freeze quarter with bone in?
Depends on where I am and what I’m doing. Just because it’s a freezer doesn’t mean ya gotta freeze with it. I usually just burn it an hour or two a day depending on how hot it is. Keep all my refrigerated food in there too. If I’ve got a hunt with a lot of down time, I’ve brought freezer paper and just cut and wrapped one deer while we’re still hunting for another, then just run it hard to freeze it. You can really do whatever you want with em. Think of it like a mobile walk in cooler.

I’ve started to just buy little chest freezers. They’re cheaper, lighter, and will stay cold for 15 years. I take one on every trip now.
That and a small generator. 6 plus straight weeks away from home. 2 generators (small gas and a solar powered battery unit) worked great keeping food frozen and to bring frozen meat home. 8.8 cubic foot freezer.

Not small by any means. About 3 foot by 3 foot, and 5 feet long. Weighs right at 100# empty

Daughter-in-law butchered several steers, and this new Grizzly 450 cooler
Geez, and I thought their previous model, the 400 was cavernous. I was reading one of the reviews for the model 400 and one guy said he bought one for some concert and he filled it with beer.

He set up shop and made his money back (and then some) when it was all said and done. lol

It’s not that heavy. One person could lift it and move it around if it wasn’t so big. I have one and I can get a full cut up moose in that thing. I use it as storage in the back of my truck when needed. I can chain it in and lock it. Easily fits two quartered elk also.

I had one of those go through the back glass on my truck a few years ago. I had 6 antelope and a bunch of ice in it, and was just making a quick few mile drive to the butcher so I didn’t strap it down. Some lady cut me off and I had to slam on my brakes.

The link for anybody who has extra cash burning a hole in their pocket….

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom