idiots!!!!!!!!!

shedhead

well i was up glassing yesterday and wouldnt ya know, there were guys up in the hills around my house chasing the deer all over the place. I have seen a few bucks with only one horn but this is bull. they wonder why we dont find the antlers this is why they chase them out of the country and they drop in the tops if they dont die first! what about everyone else anybody seen anybody out chasing the deer already?????

Seen guys out hiking all ready. Not so much chasing them but definetly get them moving.

Thats Utahans for you. They have ruined antler hunting in there own state because of this kind of stuff. And crossed the wyoming border and brought there BS with them and now there is antler law because of them.

SS why is there around a dozen guys charged with breaking the law in SW,Woming the last 3 years and all of them have been residents? Explain this one.

I have family that live up there and i have seen it with my own eyes happening!

hornkiller.jpg

There are just as many idiots in Wyoming as Utah. Anywhere you go you will find idiots. Don't try and blame all your problems on Utah guys.

There are several "Utards", but Wyoming has it's own breed as well. Ever seen the movie deliverance?

Like Our Deer Herd ain't already in bad enough shape!

Maybe the DWR can go up & do their job?

You can't catch em all but if Fines were stiff enough alot of the Bulllsshit would stop!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

isn't there still youth hunts and cow hunts still going on? what's the difference? what is differents about people pulling up in a Subaru with a husky wanting a hike? I am sure that you exaggerated when you say they are chasing them all over. Some areas now don't have much snow.and they herds are doing well. jmo

KeeP in touch... ANTLER ADDICTION THERAPY GROUP on FB.

when the deer are running and the guys are following i would call that chasing! maybe i am wrong thinking that lol

akita, i always hunt up in wyoming and i actually hunt with locals. So not all of us are unethical, and ruin the hunting it goes both ways i think

I've seen it over and over, it doesn't matter what state you are in, it happens. I've seen it shed hunting but also rifle hunting, guys "scouting" a month before the season from their 4-wheelers running animals all over the place. Any time people become obsessed with something, they are more willing to throw common sense aside and they do what they want.

9050wyoming_hooker_sheep.jpg

(wyoming hooker)
last time I checked wasn't it wyoming kids who snuck into jackson and ruined it for everyone, and sun river also. I'm glad wyoming boys ruined it for their own state so there is a season now... I think i speak for most UTARDS when i say thanks,i can pick up horns in utah and may 1st i can go up there and pick up horns without having to worry about all of them being gone (poachers cant pick up them all). all joking aside SSakitas ive been on this website for quiet some time and have appreciated majority of your posts, this one made you look pretty ignorant classifying all "utahans" as doing that cause for every "utahan" doing it there is a "nevadian" and a "wyomingian" and a "coloradian" and a "idahoian" doing it in their state every state has them.

Regardless of what anybody says or thinks about the real reason there is a new antler law in wyoming. The wyoming Game and fish said in many news papers and news releases in the years leading up to the antler that the main reason for it what was the increase of Utahns crossing over the border to wyoming to hunt sheds. If you dont believe me look it up yourselves I cant count how many times they put it in the papers stating that one of the main reasons for a antler law was all the guys from Utah antler hunting in wyoming from Jan to april out scarinng the game. As for the comment about most of the guys getting caught out early being from wyoming yeah thats true. But what everbody needs to realize is that most residents got a good deal going, where we wont turn in any body local out antler hunting early only nonresidents if we see them out looking. You wouldnt believe how many antlers are picked up before may 1st I am talking thousands and I dont care as do most other people as long as its wyoming guys doing it. I see guys from wyoming out shed hunting all the time and I dont care or call them in but I did call two guys in from Utah last year.

lol thats good to know that there are guys out there like you. i am glad i dont chase antlers with guys like you akita you sound like a true di**.

I understand the feeling toward out-of-staters SS, though I'm not sure I understand the double standard. Hopefully none of your buddies turn you in, or more likely one of your now enemies from Utah will turn you in. :)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 05:33PM (MST)[p]Dont worry I wouldnt lower Myself to antler hunt with a Ubangy.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]I dont shed hunt in the part of the state the has the antler law anymore havent for years because its ruined. So I dont have to worry about getting turned in because where I go there are no laws against antler hunting.

SS your a dip$hit!

You think all you WY guys have a secret bond and wont turn each other in your high! I know plenty of people willing to turn any idiot in for breaking the law.

Remember there is always someone watching if you dont belive me look up how most of you idiots that break that law got caught!

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]No not all wyoming guys turn a blind eye but alot do. There are certain people from wyoming i dont like that i would turn in a heart beat but other than those few people I could care less if someone is out antler hunting as long as there from wyoming. For an example My brother inlaw works in the oil field and he said all the guys that work for the company all look for antler before May 1st and all help each other out not to get caught. They have radios and watch out for the game and fish and notify everybody when a wardens in the area so that they can hide any antlers they have. He said by the last day in april there shop has hundreds of antlers in it and by may 1st its completely empty. The rest of the guys make stashes and mark them with Gps and get them at midnight on the 1st. Wether this is true I dont know its just what he told me but i wouldnt doubt it for a minute.Also hornkiller you can think what you want about me i dont care

I have saved this whole thread and about to send it to the WY f&g! So dont be surprized to see them showing up to talk to you and your brother inlaw/oil field rigs thanks to you.

hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-12 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p]Do it more power to you man. good luck

You are always going to run into people that don't follow the rules and ruin it for everyone. I think that there should be laws for every state behind shed hunting because it is hurting Elk in ely. We need more game wardens patrolling and to get these people.

"I could care less if someone is out antler hunting as long as there from wyoming."

Do they need to be white too? And wear a cowboy hat?

Just trying to figure out the standards for Wyoming shed hunting these days.

happens every year. the sport is getting more and more popular and people from all ages are doing more and more every year. Last year seen some as early as January. It is insane and annoying. Not much my voice can do when trying to talk to the DWR about anything.

I am from Wyoming and I don't care where you are from, if I see you on the winter range before May 1 you are finished. This isn't a slap on the hands SSas, these violations carry a loss of huting and fishing priviliges too.
ps. keep your nonsense to a minimum, you are doing the rest of us Wy guys a huge disservice.

Luckily, I live where there are no antler seasons(with the expections of a few game ranges), so I don't quite understand the whole antler season thing. Is all human access of any kind prohibited? What is the difference between someone just going out and hiking or taking pictures or shooting coyotes? Is that okay as long as a person doesn't pick up an antler? Are the antler hunting seasons including BLM, state or other public land or just game refuges? Do the laws apply to private lands too.

Oh no, it's just fine to go out and "rabbit hunt" or "coyote hunt" or "ride snowmobiles" or "take pictures" all over the winter range just as long as you tell the authorities you're not shed hunting when they ask... What a STUPID law! Close the area down all together to EVERYONE if there's a problem. Don't just close it to the guys who are not willing to lie and cheat for an antler...

Think about this, if you were out on the winter range in one of these "closed to shed hunting areas" just checking out bucks and you happened to see a BIG old shed laying out on top of the snow with no critters anywhere around. Would you go get it, or just leave it for the next guy? That right there is why I haven't even been up on the winter range for over a year now. I used to make about 15 to 20 trips a year but I know dang good and well what I would do if I saw that antler laying there and I don't even want to put myself in that situation...

I hope they hammer the ones that break the law HARD. Make them think twice and make it tuff enough on them that even others will learn from their mistake.

NvrEnuf

I don't care what excuses have been made previously, but the original poster of this thread has three options.... they can log on and ##### to the mm community about possible wildlife harassment and fight everyone on their opinions and think they are gonna change the world sitting behind their computer, or or they can stop sitting on their berries and call the fish and game to come investigate the situation and if they cant bust the guys for doin it then get out your video camera and cell phone and go get the video evidence and make a call. The third option is shut your mouth cause you can sit there and complain but it isn't gonna do any good. Best option = call the f&g and do something worthwhile about it....! If not your just the guy that wouldn't Crush a grape at a fruit fight.

well for starters it isnt illegal to pick them up year round here!!! It just sucks seeing guys out blowing the deer all over the mountain, ya you could get them for harrassment but how do you prove they are harrassing them even video would never prove anything they could just say they accidentally bumped them, that is my thoughts on it i was just venting when i started this thread...

Just curious... Has there ever been a documented case where a shed hunter has killed a buck without using a weapon? Damn, instead of being so concerned about snot nosed non consumptive shed hunters, how about doing the herd a real favor and go out and start killng every four legged predator you can find!

Well said YBO....Ya it is annoying when people mess with the deer and makes it harder to round up their antlers but its people that continually complain about this stuff thats gonna get more laws thrown out at us.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom