Idaho F&G new torture technique

swampmule

Hello all
Like many of you, I applied for Deer Elk, and Antelope tag and was turned down on all three I can live with that.
Then today in the mail I got a postcard telling me I was successful on all three hunts. Now with that, a new twist is the Deer and the Elk tags are in units I did not apply for. I cannot wait to see the F&G faces on this.

I better go check my mailbox. Someone has already mentioned they got a good tag they didn't mean to apply for. It's sounding like Idaho might have made some major boo boo's.

Their Contact button didn't work on the website, so I emailed a photo and explanation to the Commissioner. Dealing off last years 2023 successful list. We've got so much money that we can now send out 100K WRONG postcards!! :(

It’s all ocer Facebook guys getting post cards saying they drew tags they didn’t even put in for.
Guess F&G they said they were going to look into it.
Thinking it’s more of a scam/ they got hacked or somthing

The wife and me both got blue successful cards for three units I didn’t apply for. Went to a vendor to pickup my tags and were unavailable. What do you think Foo&Goo will do about this? And, because I drew this year will I have to sit out next year’s draws?!?!

Anyone getting successful via the online account, and not have tag available, or have the online outcome be incorrect??

Buddy has a darn good archery elk tag according to his online account. Talk about torture if that turns out to be incorrect...

My understanding is the online results are correct. At least the one i have looked at are the actual hunts that were applied for. The blue cards are not correct. Not even the hunts applied for.

None of us that put in drew anything per the emails. Then yesterday my son who has not even bought a hunting license this year got a card in the mail saying he successfully drew for a either sex elk tag by INEL. Did I mention he hasnt even bought a hunting license this year? LOL Weve never hunted over there or put in for over there ever.

My understanding is the online results are correct. At least the one i have looked at are the actual hunts that were applied for. The blue cards are not correct. Not even the hunts applied for.
I think I saw a post on Facebook that F&G said to check the online portal for results not the post cards. But I’d have to go back and try to find it to be sure.

Email answer from Ron Davies, Commission Chairman this morning

"
Mr. Blankenship,

Thank you very much for sending me the notification of your incorrect drawing results. I was made aware of this issue late yesterday afternoon, and it appears that numerous notifications were sent out from our third-party vendor that handles these mailings.

It is the department and commissions desire to limited the amount of errors that happened but unfortunately sometimes they do occur. I appreciate the notification please know that we are doing everything we can to correct the situation.

Thanks
Ron

None of us that put in drew anything per the emails. Then yesterday my son who has not even bought a hunting license this year got a card in the mail saying he successfully drew for an either sex elk tag by INEL. Did I mention he hasnt even bought a hunting license this year? LOL Weve never hunted over there or put in for over there ever.
What did your son draw in 2021? That is the hunt he got notification for. My nephew didn’t buy or apply this year but he also got a notice in the mail for his 2021 hunts. I went back and checked mine, the hunt numbers matched 1 of this years hunts but they both matched 2021

Yep. The card I received only noted a tag I drew back in 2021. No mention of any tags I drew this year. Online results are reflective of what I put in for. I bought my tags so no takie backsies

What did your son draw in 2021? That is the hunt he got notification for. My nephew didn’t buy or apply this year but he also got a notice in the mail for his 2021 hunts. I went back and checked mine, the hunt numbers matched 1 of this years hunts but they both matched 2021
He drew a bull tag for 31 and a late buck tag for 31 but cant remember if it was 2021 or 2022.

Online results and emailed information contain correct information
Hunters who recently applied for 2024 big game controlled hunts - as well as some who did not apply - are receiving blue postcards with incorrect information that the hunter drew a tag (or tags) this year. The controlled hunt drawing results that are posted on hunters’ online profiles, and that were emailed to hunters, have the correct information, but the blue postcards do not.
Fish and Game securely provided a printing and distribution company sample data from a previous draw for the purposes of obtaining a printing cost quote, but the company prematurely sent postcards without Fish and Game approval or authorization. Idaho Fish and Game officials recognize this error has caused confusion and disappointment to our hunters, and they deeply regret that this occurred.
Fish and Game staff are committed to providing accurate, timely information. However, hunters can be assured the controlled hunt drawing was done correctly, and their information is secure. Fish and Game staff asks hunters to confirm their results online, or in their email, because that contains the correct results of the drawing. They are working to ensure this situation doesn’t occur in the future, but realize how disappointed and frustrated hunters who were mailed incorrect information will be.
Hunters can confirm their results and purchase tags by logging into their online profile. Only valid tags from the draw will be available for purchase, and tags referenced on the incorrect postcards will not be available.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom