IDAHO DEER UNIT 54 or 55

W

WORKNMAN

I will be applying as a non-resident for a Idaho deer tag and I dont know much about these two units. Could I get some feedback on them please.

Could I ask a question, if you don't know much about these units then why are you planning on applying their? One thing I can tell you about them is neither is an easy draw.

I hunted 54 in 2007 and 55 this year. Both have great looking deer country and a lot of deer, very low buck to doe ratio. A 4 year old buck is a rare sight.

There are general units that have better hunting.

54 has terrible genetics...55 produces alot bigger bucks. There just isn't alot of them killed.

snipersmilie.gif

one shot

Hunted 54 in 2005 in the middle of the rut. Seen alot of deer and the bucks started to come out more every day of the hunt. Killed a 27" 4 point on the 4th day of the hunt. Passed on about 5 or so smaller 4 points. Yes, would hunt it again.. Keep in mind... this was a controlled hunt the 2nd week in November.
Hope this helps....180

>Could I ask a question, if
>you don't know much about
>these units then why are
>you planning on applying their?
>One thing I can tell
>you about them is neither
>is an easy draw.

Any hunt is got to be better than the Utah general season. These to units are rated high quality in some hunting magazines. Just looking to try something new.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom