Idaho Controlled Spring Bear

Jq23

Hey,

I'm Trying to decide what controlled Unit to put in for in Idaho, I have been told that unit 22 and 32A are really good units but are really tough to draw. What are some good units to hunt and fairly easy to draw? If I don't draw I plan on hunting units 43 and 44 on the general hunt.I just realized today was the first day you can apply, so Any information would be great, Thanks.

I've been told that the farther north you go the more bears there are, but I'm looking for a good area around Boise or Island park. I live pretty far away and scouting and checking out the country are not really an option, especially the pan handle area. Any info in those two general areas would be great. Thanks

Bear hunting is fun. We do the trip to Idaho every year. I'd look at the proclamation and pick a two bear unit that you would like to hunt and go hunting. Once you learn the area and the bear behavior, you could take two bears a year and the wolf hunt stays open in alot of these units later also. Best of luck. We are already counting the days down until May 16th, for our eleven day bear trip!!!

Unless you are really fond of Grizzlies stay away from Island Park those suckers are running amuck there ! And I am not saying that to keep you away I haven't hunted there in years , but have a buddy that does and the trail cam pics of his bait sites would scare the $&@? ! Out of most grown men ! I have hunted 48 & other units near 43&44 those would be great choices , plenty of bears there if you get away from the roads to avoid the hound hunters ! If you are baiting I would choose bait other than meat to avoid the Wolves ! Getting off the beaten path and putting in some foot work will pay off !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom