Hunting District 260

I

Imorrison

Since my move here to Missoula I have heard a few conflicting opinions. This district appears to be most if not all public land. Couple people I have talk to say it is great hunting along the river bottom and it isn't/wasn't hard to get permission from land owners. Then the other couple people I have talked to basically said "good luck" and that it hard to get the permission.

I primarily bow hunt and would rather hunt the early season. This is because I enjoy patterning deer and having a plan come together.

Is there anyone that has had any experience with this district. I am not looking for any secret spots or anything, just some opinions?

What about hunting district 203? Is that to close to town and that would mean there is probably half off Missoula hunting out there? Or is the district big enough. I come from the small state of NH so its completely different out here.

Thank you

If its private and not in the block management program odds are you are not going to get permission.Where you are from the lease their land to hunting clubs,here they lease to outfitters or just dont allow access.Look for public land and start scouting.

Im not rehearsed in the area around Missoula. From what I have learned hunting around many other towns though. Dont overlook areas close to towns, close to town doesnt mean it will be bad hunting. Montana has some great hunting to be had, just got to go out, find it, learn an area, and enjoy.

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it. Ill keep that all in mind and check out the block management program this summer. thanks again

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

It's got very little public land. What there is of it up by Missoula is heavily hunted.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom