How to Zero a Riflescope in 3 Shots or Less

I boresight it at 25 yards first. I can get it close at 100 yards with 3 or 4. If you're zeroing for 200, it may take a couple of more. Depends on loads as well. Quality ammo and/reloads are important.

It can be done in two shots, given a good rest. Center the bull, squeeze off a shot. Center the bull again and then adjust the crosshairs to center the bullet hole from the first shot. Center the bull and shoot again. It should be centered up.
Note, I don't do it this way, but I might try it just to see how it works. I usually just shoot 3 shot groups and adjust between them.

It helps to have two persons involved in centering the shots. While one holds the rifle dead center on the bull, after the first shot, the 2nd person turns the adjustment until the cross hairs is centered on the bullet hole of the first shot.
Very important to keep the rifle steady and focused on the center bull. It can be done with one person, but much harder unless you can sandbag the rifle to stay in place while making the adjustments.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom