How bout those Nuggets!

Denver is up by 8 right now, I HATE Dallas, can not stand them, and now that Utahs out Im pullin for Denver.

Go Nuggets!!

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I'm with you Bean--they'll take out the trash on Wednesday night and move on to the over-rated and inconsistent Lakers...It'll be fun.

I am a Western guy, but I HATE the Lakers/Nuggets/Mavericks, so in the west I am pulling for Houston. LA is LA, Denver has more than it's share of punks/thugs on it, Dallas has the WORST owner is professional sports bar none. I like Boston, but I refuse to pull for them with Marbury on the payroll. So, that leaves Cleavland/Orlando from the East I hope wins it all.

PRO

www.oddiction.com

Prooutdoors- I must correct you on Mark Cuban being the worst owner in professional sports. Did Al Davis slip your mind? Need I say more?

I like Mark Cuban. He is enthusiastic, doesn't mind spending money to bring in good players, and my bet is that the players respect him and want to produce for him because of that. Of course, everyone has their own opinion. What don't you like about him?

Steve

YOUR RIGHT WIZARD....... ABOUT AL DAVIS BEING THE WORST OWNER IN PRO SPORTS. BUT CUBAN IS A CONSTANT PAIN IN THE BUTT, HE WONT GET OFF THE COURT, HE ACTS LIKE A TOTAL ASS, ARROGANT, CANT CONTROOL HIS MOUTH OR HIS BRAIN, GETS FINED MORE EVERY YEAR, & IS A POOR ROLE MODEL PERIOD.

HE DOES TREAT HIS PLAYERS WELL THOUGH/ PROVIDES ALOT OF NICE THINGS FOR THE FRANCHISE. HOWEVER HE DOES NOT BRING IN ENOUGH GOOD PLAYERS FOR A NBA TITLE TO BE WON...........YD.

You're right on not bringing in enough good players to win a Championship. If they could get a big, dominant, true center they may have a shot. I don't think Dampier is a dominant center.

Cuban does help keep the NBA wealthy with all of the fines he pays. It would be nice to have that kind of money!

Steve

I don't like Mark Cuban because of many reasons, the biggest being his funding of an anti-soldier movie last year. I have NO tolerance of such actions. Anyone that helps put US military personnel in a bad light have nothing but contempt from me. I put him below Al Davis for that reason alone.

PRO

www.oddiction.com

I could care less about pro basketball.....never watched a game.

But you guys getting on Al Davis have hit a nerve.

Nobody probably cares, but Al Davis, during the entire Vietnam war, took wounded veterans from the Oakland Naval Hospital to free ballgames, hunting trips, all we could eat or drink, dinners at Trader Vic's Restaurant. The restaurant was closed to the public on Monday and Tuesday, but Davis paid them to have us in both nights, 80 guys a night.

He would take 2 busloads, three nights a week to several different events. He paid for assistants to help us guys in wheelchairs. 6 of us spent the weekend on Ben Davidson's houseboat in Sausilito.....Al Davis paid for EVERYTHING!!!!

We had front row seats at Oakland A's baseball games. Front row seats at Raiders games and all the food and beer we could drink. I got Bum Philips' autograph....they actually had him come up into our seat area, just because I asked for it.

I shot pheasants out of the back of a pickup on a private club and shot ducks from my wheelchair in the Suisun Marsh.

Davis spent millions over the years. I was in on it in '68 and again in '70, so I know he sponsored the program for a long time.

I am a Raider/Davis fan until the day he dies. Do I think he is a great owner?....Not. Do I think he is a great guy? You bet!

By comparison, Mark Cuban is a POS!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Wow....I had no idea Nickman. That is a side of Al Davis maybe only 1% of football fans know. That is a great story and can see why you hold him in high regards as a person. I'm really in shock that he did those things. I'm sure you all were very thankful to him.

Steve

Watching Mark Cuban lose makes me smile also!! Nuggets are in for a world of hurt regardless who they play in the next round though...they've played 2 teams that play ZERO defense thus far and that's the only reason they're looking as good as they are...they have buckled under pressure all season long (especially on the road losing 21 of their 28 total losses) and as soon as they face a defensive team they'll do it again, mark my words...

~Z~

Damn Nickman, I, like most, had no idea. Raiders still suck, but Cuban definately drops below Davis in the POS rating.

WOW pretty cool stuff Nickman! glad you opened our eyes to the good deeds he has done. although he's a little excentric i never disliked him.

I'm actually not a basketball fan. The Nuggies might be the only winner someone from Colorado can follow this year though.
growing up in Colorado makes it real hard to be a fan of Al Davis. Sounds like he is/was a stand up guy in other respects though.

Bean

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom