Hound Dawg

CATMAN

Was reading in Full Cry and it looks as though your idol ( Ike ) has put together a video. Probably got some great training techniques, and probably got some footage of his dogs striking week old bear tracks. Just thought you might be interested buddy....would make great Christmas gifts ya know..........cya

Eeek! Now there's a must see video! I gotta see the part where his hounds howl in protest when he pulls them off a 5 day old lion track after they've been trailing it for 36 hours. I'll bet even cur dogs are damn glad to be back in the box after that amount of time!! Thanks for the heads up!

Yup Kevin,
Is indeed a great time for all houndmen along with curmen. This will be a one of a kind video with some outstanding stories to go along with it. I with you cannot wait to see where them hounds are just bawling because he is pulling them off the week old track. I do wonder though if the track was an overnite track when he turned out???? hmmmmm
You been bob huntin yet?

Oh man, I had totally forgotten about that!!!

Ya know, he's probably a really nice guy and a pretty good hunter, I don't know...

But damn, that thread he was running on that coon hound site was so funny I just kept reading it over and over and laughing. And the best part wasn't just his story, but how those coon guys were just sucking it all in and believing it.

My favorite thread was one response that said something like, "Wow, we don't have any dogs that can trail old tracks like that. Do you have any dogs for sale?"

I only wish I was there in person to see that dude brag to all his buddies about the dog he just paid $2500 for that would trail week old tracks. Then to see his face when a coon ran through their headlights and the dog couldn't catch it.

Funny how quick we are to forget that only turkeys and sheep are dumber than hound dogs!!! And like Kevin says, the only thing dumber than a hound dog is the guy who feeds him and brags about him. :)

-Dawg

I'm told one of his clients in the highlight reel is none other that Russel Taylor. He doesn't harvest a lion as that just wouldn't have been sporting. They trailed this huge tom for weeks with the finest hounds. The wolf pack wore their pads to the knee but wouldn't pull off the track no matter how old. When the B&C (Ike says it would have gone 18-1/2") tom treed Russ just couldn't bear to shoot a lion out of a tree.

So there you have it, hope I didn't ruin the movie for you.

Ed

I finally got my magazine in the mail and the first thing I did was look up Ike's ad. 5 lions and 2 bobcats all caught on tape?? Hell, that's as good as I've ever done in one day too!! ;-)

Yep Catman, I'm 0 for 2 on bobcat run so far this season....the dirty little bastards anyway. Maybe I'll buy Ike's video just in case there's a new excuse I can use on why my dogs couldn't catch anything, unless of course that part got edited out. I'm sure incompetence was never the reason his dogs ever came up empty! :)

I'm 0 for 0 on bobcat runs too. Haven't had a track to run yet. However, we did catch a bear up the canyon on Saturday.

Ya amigo, no kidding. I was running the main canyon on my buddies Skidoo Summit to just break it open for future hunts. Got clear the hell up in there and cut a bear track. Flipped around to go get my dogs and there was the bear up on the hill, 100 yards away.

Had three dogs so we gave it a shot. Whoever says that fall bears don't run hard cuz they are fat hasn't met this bear yet. He ran hard and then spent the rest of the day walking in the deep snow with my dogs walking behind him wondering what to do now.

He finally just backed under a tree and called it good. My buddy wanted to go back up this morning and catch him and shoot him, but in the end he decided that since he already had three felony convictions on wildlife violations, a fourth wouldn't be good and might land him in the Gray Bar Saloon.

He better find a hole soon or I'll be running him everyday til he does. :) If he's around on Thanksgiving we better go give him a try with more than three dogs, two of which are dumb as a rock. ;-)

-Dawg

Yup Kevin,
I guarantee your right about the part of his dogs competance. EVERY THING in the world would go wrong before one of his dogs made a mistake.
Anyway I haven't been out yet...didn't quit snowing here Saturday till after daylight ....then the wind really started howling....I just worked on the snowmobile so now I'm ready for friday.
Catman

Here is what I know about hound dogs... they will make a liar out of you everytime!!

Soon as you tell someone they'll rig cold bear tracks sure enough they won't even rig a bear that just ran in front of your truck.

You start bragging about how they can trail old tracks on dry ground and then they won't even catch a track in fresh snow.

Tell your buddies what hard tree dogs you have and then they'll leave a treed lion when you are halfway up the canyon and go run elk all afternoon.

Sure us hound guys are liars but our dogs made us what we are!!

I like a good yarn as much as the next guy but the stories that guy was telling were so outrageous they were an insult to even Ed's intelligence!! ;-)

-Dawg

Kevin D,

This post of your's show you were one of the guys over on coonhound that was slammin on me back in the late winter or spring of 2003. Your comments were focused at a post I made about my dogs running a dirt lion track from noon one day til noon the next, when two buddies and I went in and pulled them off the track. And yes, my blue dog Ryan did lay down and bawl at me several times when I snapped a leash on him, Ike and LionHeart. He does that all the time when he wants something. I do have a witness on that moment in time. Like I said to you and all those guys that winned at me back then on Coonhound, I'm sorry if you haven't ever made or had a real hound that wanted to hunt.

For any of you interested in watching me or my dogs work you can purchase on of my videos "Hound Dog Crazy" off my web page at http://www.ingramwildlife.com

the ikester

Ike your pathetic and if anyone wants to make fun of you they will right out in the open, no ones hiding behind anything....I don't find anything insulting in Kev Ds post towards you. Your sensitive feelings don't match your macho ego.....if it bothers you that much what people say turn your internet off.

I can see why it wouldn't bother you cause you haven't posted your name..........if you want response you have to have a name?
Ike

flea_bitten,

If you can't see anything wrong with his comments you have a problem, and I quote:

Kevin D (637 posts)
Nov-21-03, 06:15 AM (MST)
1. "RE: Hound Dawg"
Eeek! Now there's a must see video! I gotta see the part where his hounds howl in protest when he pulls them off a 5 day old lion track after they've been trailing it for 36 hours. I'll bet even cur dogs are damn glad to be back in the box after that amount of time!! Thanks for the heads up!

End quote

Kevin D posted over on coonhound asking me to show him where he'd jumped on me over on Monstermuleys just yesterday, and is why I responded to this post. Here is his comments from Coonhound:

By Kevin D on 01/15/05 - 21:56:29

Main Board ? Further Reading ? Reply to this Message ?

I'm trying to remember all the 'time after times' I've attacked you on MonsterMuleys Ike. Help me out here, give me a link or drag the post over onto this thread. As for the jerk part, you know it my friend, I do my part :)

end quote:

Whats attacking about his post?, he does'nt call you any names...he merely states he has to see that video.....exspecially the part where your hounds bawl in protest of being pulled off a track..........if you still feel he is making fun of you big deal, grow up, move on..... I would'nt classify that as a personal attack to your character moral though.....I get made fun of everyday and in turn I make fun of people....mostly all in good taste......you seem like my 2 grade nephew that wants to tattle tale to his mom about everything, I would expect that from a 7 yr old but how old are you???.....no one likes a whiner, give it up.

I hate to say it but Ike is right the definition of a internet troll fits Ike to a tee. I wish everyone would leave it alone no one has better, faster, colder nosed or grittier dogs than Ike and if you don't believe it ask him he will tell you so. I have never heard one of the people who I consider great houndsman engage in self promotion they don't have too! Nuff said

Mulehound.

This is one of the vicious attack posts of mine you were referring to Ike?? Geez, I hope you didn't lose a good hunting day yesterday looking this one up. ;-)

Seriously Ike, you crack me up sometimes. I suppose I should be grateful that HoundDawg and some of the others I've bantered with don't join up and file a class action slander suit against me. :eek:

Nonetheless, if it makes you feel any better I'll apologize, soooooorrrrrrryyyyyy. Now go wipe your eyes and come out to play.

Kevin D,

Thanks Kevin, and I will accept your aplogy. I'm also sorry that you and others don't believe your attacks on my character on the internet could have any impact, because they do.

Best Regards,
the ikester

I will stick up for Ike any day of the week, and what he says is true. If you guys had the heart and determination that Ike has had to make a finished pack of bear and lion hounds you would understand that it isnt bragging or being cocky, it is the fact that you have worked your butt off for years to make the dogs the way they are, it is simply being proud of what you and your dogs have accomplished and sharing it with other people, i mean come on that is what this mm page is about, isn't it. And i will be the first to tell you if what Ike said about his dogs and what they did you better bieleve it because they do what he says they do, they are as wicked a pack of dogs that you guys on here will ever think of seeing or here about, I know first hand what they are capable of. And i give ike alot of respect just to get on here and share stories for you guys that cant do it yourself.

Richie Z

Dude, if you're gonna hang out on internet forums you better thicken your skin and toughen up your feet a bit. It's a big mean world out here. If you're gonna sling it like you do, you better be prepared when somebody calls you on it. I think Kevin was just pissing on your tires a bit. To coin a phrase - If you can't run with the big dogs stay off the hounddog forums.

Happy hunting.

Come to think about it I need to take a leak. What are you driving? :)

Thanks for sticking up for me Richie, I appreciate it. And I'll return the compliment, you seem to be as interested and tough on a track as any young hunter around. You have done just about what I did with hounds, go visit and talk to people you respect as hunters and listen, then have gone and done it yourself. After watching those young dogs of yours work that day I realize you must pretty tough on a track too.

A little advice, keep your dog's noses in the dirt and stay off these boards, ha, cause the trolls will drag you down. Talk later buddy!

the ikester

Thanks Richie,

Thanks for putting in your two cents about ole Ike, Richie. Anyone that's read these post from beginning to end can readily see that I've been the guy under attack. You are a tough young hunter with a pack of lock down dogs that'll go get it done. But watch out, those trolls will be working on you next because of your success. Take care and keep'em treed!

the ikester

Yep bell, Ike's right. That's why I get singled out for attack from time to time myself........because I'm so damn successful (not to mention good looking). It helps to remind myself of just what an extrodinary hound dogger I must be to warrant such attacks, particularly after spending a hard day pulling porcupine quills out of my dogs' noses. :)

Nothing like digging up a year and a half old post and feel you need to defend yourself. I thought elephants were bad, let alone my wife.

Anyway, I think I'll hang with the trolls. At least I know what I have!!!!

Chuck.

Hey Chuck, good to see you trolling around here. Don't be trying to take my spot though, I'm the head baiter. At sea they call me "Master Baiter".

Ed

Morning Kevin,

Porcupine quills! crap, aint that fun? I remember running a lion with a buddy and a guide twelve or so years ago. My buddy and I were running his dogs and ran into a guide with a hunter. We found two tracks and started the dogs high above the end of the road on snow machines. Those dogs trailed up a little side canyon and then back down our way. A couple of the dogs turned the lion track north over a high ridge and treed the cat; a couple others came back with whiskers....roflmao. We loaded that dog of my buddies and then went to the tree and killed the cat. That was 1992 and the first time I ever saw a dog loaded with quills from a porcupine. I've been lucky and only had to pull quills once in my life...I suppose that's enough.

the ikester

It's about time you guys hugged and started getting along!!!! Ike, thanks for being so patient with Kevin, Dawg and some of these other scrowngy hound guys.

I reluctently admit I personally know these two misfits and it's true....... they just wanna be like you. (Dont tell anyone)

I'll bet between the two of them they havn't caught more than a couple hundred bobcats and maybe.... maybe three hundred lions in the last 10 years. They try.......... and one of these days they'll get good.

In the mean time, just keep being nice and humoring them. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Ike.
I sure was glad to read it was one of your buddies hounds that did that. Because I new one of your fine dogs would of never done that.

Yep, I was worried. I couldn't stand to think that my heros might have got quilled!!! I was also relieved to read on and see that his dogs have never been quilled, it was his buddies.

Hey buffalo and stifler,

Do you two believe in reincarnation? I hope so, cause maybe in the next life you'll get a chance to be like Ike! ROFLMAO I'll check with some of my buds that might have some pull with the ole boy upstair, maybe they'll put in a good word for you two since your so nice. think?

THE IKESTER!

cb,

A couple years back a half dozen of us houndmen were sitting around one night talking dogs. Between the lot, there was over a hundred years of lion hunting experience sitting in that room. One of the hounddoggers brought an indian buddy along with him that also runs lions. The conversation must have shifted to dead lions I guess, and the indian kid spoke up and claimed he'd probably killed over 400 lions. The room got silent. I suppose that indian kid thought maybe he hadn't impressed us with that comment so he spoke up again, "maybe 800 lions, yeah, I probably killed 800 lions."

Now, I suppose my point is anybody can throw numbers out there of treed cats and dead lions. I also suppose some of us can change those numbers if they aren't high enough to get everyone's attention.

Days later one of the hounddoggers sitting in that room on the evening I mentioned told me, "do you know how many hunting days it would take to kill 400 lions?" That ole boy was pushing his mid to late fifties and has run dogs his whole life. He was training and selling dogs to hounddoggers while many of the boys running dogs today were chewing bubble gum and chasing girls.

You might think you or your buddies are among the only hounddogers that ever caught anything. And I suppose that's what has bothered me about lots of people on these boards, they don't tend to understand that others are doing the same things around the corner. Like I said in an eariler post, catching lions aint what I'd call rocket scientist stuff--anybody that has a brain and a hound willing to learn and a lion to catch can do it!

I don't need to humor anybody!
the ikester

I killed one lion Ikester. Never have owned a hound dog. Where do I rate in the Hall of Fame? Hows that for tossing around some impressive digits. Those are my numbers and I aint changing them.

Humor me "The Ikester." Humor me with your waxing philosophies.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-05 AT 07:18AM (MST)[p]Now, now gentlemen, don't you think we're being a little hard on the Ikester?? I happen to believe the statement about his lack of experience pulling porcupine quills. Afterall, a dog's got to have some grit to engage a quill pig!! :) :) :) (you know I'm kidding don't you Ike??)

And cb,

Handsome. You forgot to mention how handsome I am. I ain't paying you that $10 I promised you for posting on this thread until you tell everybody just what a good looking sonuvabitch I am! :)

Kevin D,

Don't know anything about you being handsome Kevin, but you sound pretty smart. Hell, I would never have thought about paying someone to post for me! And I'd probably paid them upfront and been unhappy with their comments as well. I'll have to email ole Dawg and see how much payment he'd need to say something nice about me over on shadetree, ha. Or do you think ole Zues would delete it? (just kiddin toooooo!) Keep'em treed or at least keep it real.

the ikester

I just seen all the fun that was taking place being mean to you, so I had to join in. Tell you what...say something mean about me and I'll bet you feel better.

Just for you IKE!

"Egotistical Maniac"

1) Characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance

2) Characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
"an egotistical disregard of others"

Right out of the Dictionary.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom