Horse rentals

rugarm77

Hello all, I am trying to find a place to rent a couple horses for a week in region H. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I called Yellowstone but they require a min of a 2 week slot. Thanks for any help.

Rugarm77, you could check out wyominghorses.net, out of Pavillion, Wy., he is said to have some great stock, not sure about pricing....

Jbo

I rented horses, a trailer, and all the tack from this place in 1997 and 1999 for two hunts up in the BigHorns. They're good folks and can probably help you out. I have no idea what their prices are now, as I didn't have time to look in the website itself before I made this post.

http://www.wyominghorses.net/

Robb---$500 for a horse and all the tack for two weeks seems pretty reasonable to me and it would only be $450 if you give them cash up front with that 10% discount they have.

Jason---

One would think you could bring the horse (s) back before the two week is used up and not get an extra fee for returning early??

Mike--it was $350 for 1 day out to 7 days no matter if ya used it for the 1 day or had it for the full 7 days....$350 ~~ this new gig is suprising...at first anyways.

Robb

Robb---It's been so long since I rented them back in 97 and 99 that I can't remember exactly what we paid for the whole shooting match because we also rented a 2-horse trailer from them. I know one drawback was having to come up with all that extra cash ($1000, now $1200) upfront in case you killed the horse, LOL! It seems that we had the 2 horses, the riding tack, two panniers, and the trailer for at least 7 or 8 days, maybe even closer to two weeks, for less than $500 a piece. The real cost is getting them back and forth to your hunt area and the time involved if you do it yourself. There is no way I would pay them what they want to truck them to the hunt area. With us that meant another day on each end of our hunt just taking them back and forth to the ranch in Pavillion. In 1997 it was my first drive through the Wind River Canyon though, so it was probably worth it. With inflation over the years, it really doesn't seem to me that $450 would be too high a price for a horse and the tack for a week and it would be really cheap for that entire two week period they have going now. We just found that they were a pain in the neck with the extra time in the morning and evening to take care of them, taking them to water a couple times a day, which is getting harder now if you can't find a working water trough on BLM land, etc. I do love horseback riding though and may end up doing it again, but probably only if I go on a guided hunt in a few years when I can't walk all day like I can now.

Robb we rented 2 horses trailer, tack, feed and free delivery from Afton to Kemmerer. 7 days, the cost was 700.00 flat. That was with Woolfley.

Now it is 350.00 a horse plus 100.00 per saddle, plus feed and pellets and 3.50 a mile delivery. I could return them early and save some money on feed I guess but the prices have gone up to much.

sounds like i need to start renting my horses and mules out. i could pay them off over and over....... i just wonder if you could find someone that would rent there own personal horses out. but that would take knowing someone that knows someone...

>Thanks Jason.
>
>That is not bad at all....$100.00
>a day averaged out with
>delivery.
>
>Robb

Robb that price was for two horses not one. So it averaged to about $50.00 per horse per day.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom