Horse problem

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Speakin of mounts,

Aparently the "bottom" fell out of the meat market for horses, turns out the feds were successfull in shuting down the 3 main processing facilitys for horses in the US, making many horses worthless, currently in the midwest people are turning thier horses loose since its pointless to feed an animal that has zero value.

Wonder if the saddle market will fallow suit ?
What think you bout this ?

Hell,heres a money maker in waiting for the DWR.Bring the horses here to Utah,charge a license to hunt them,or even better,have a LE hunt that you have to apply for.Damn,look at the money coming in.Money for points,apps,license.Adult horses and mares(trophy).Foals(Spikes).Sounds like a money maker to me!(ROD)

Horse meat is a delicacy in Europe... $$$$. I'll hunt horses with my horses.. hum.

Not if you dont fit in the saddle you wont. LMAO

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

The feds didn't shut down the horse prossesing plants, the TREE HUGGERS did.There are still prossesing plants open in Mexico and Canada,it's just not cost effective to ship a few horses that far. It is true that domestic horses are being turned loose on the deserts in Utah and Nevada. Therefore compounding the problems for the BLM. Just this week on TV they said the BLM has something like 30,000 wild horses in captivity with an annual cost of something like 17 million to care for them. I don't remember the exact numbers but I think that is close. Consider this. Tell the TREE HUGGERS to kiss it. Contract with Mexico To proccess those several thousand horses,ship them to Europe and use the procedes to feed poor people in our country.

I SEE WHERE T. BOONE PICKENS WIFE IS GONNA ADOPT 33,000 OF THE RANGE MAGGOTS!!!

GUESS T. BOONES GOT ENOUGH MONEY TO FEED 33,000 OF THEM FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES???

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Turn them loose. In a year or so we might need them for food!

During WWII my dad was in on the liberation of a Nazi concentration camp in Germany. They killed horses to help feed the survivors.

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-08 AT 08:12AM (MST)[p]The horse problem is a true mess. First the Animal Rights get the government to ban the slaughter of horses in the US. When horses were shipped out of the country to slaughter they passed legislation that banned double decking trailers to haul them, making single deck trailer the only way to haul and obviously very expensive. My understanding is the the Canadian slaughter houses won't accept US horses, so Mexico is the only way to go with them. There is a bill currently in waiting to ban the export of slaughter horses.

Now to get rid of the cripples, broken down, or knuckhead steeds people have to pay the vet $150+ to put them down plus $200+ to have the rendering plant haul them off. Or they turn them loose. A guy I know went riding up the canyon and when he got back to the trailer there was a horse tied up to it with a note hoping he could "care" for their horse.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom